[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading for a running back! NEED HELP!

g9cline

Hey guys,

So this is my first year doing Fantasy Football so please forgive me as I'm kind of clueless as to what I'm doing. I'm deep at wide receiver, and in my league the scoring for wide receivers and running back is as follows.

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (.5)

Reception Yards (15 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

That being said my WR's & RB's are:

T O

Hines Ward

Anthony Gonzalez

Laveranues Coles

Sidney Rice

Darren McFadden

Kevin Smith

Steve Slaton

Jerrious Norwood

There's a guy in my league who is deep at RB but thin at WR and he's willing to trade his back are as follows:

Micheal Turner

Matt Forte

Joseph Addia

Justin Fargas

Clinton Portis

What would be a fair trade for both of us? He's offered me Clinton Portis for Hines Ward and Matt Forte for Hines ward. I'm interested however I'm skeptical because of Matt Forte being a rookie even if he did have a good break out game and Clinton Portis has currently a pretty 1 dimensional team. Any advice is welcome as I'm just a rookie.

What makes you so sure if you don't mind?

Forte has promise, but has has 1 good game ... Portis is the primary (only?) offensive weapon for WAS, with a fine track record for FF production. In most drafts, Portis was a first round pick, so when you can add a RB with his credentials for a solid if unspectacular WR like Ward, you do it, IMO. Good luck.

Edited by ts

How many WRs and RBs do you start? I don't think that you are deep at WR. If you have to start 3 WRs and 2 RBs, I'm not sure you make that deal (although I think getting Portis for Ward is a steal in your favor). Maybe you could then trade Slaton for a WR???

How many WRs and RBs do you start? I don't think that you are deep at WR.

Reasonable comments, but generally speaking, WRs that can "fill a gap" are easier to find on the WW thru the course of the season than starting RBs, so I'd still be all over the Ward for Portis offer.