[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

STL Columnist says Linehan should quit

STL Fan

Bernie Miklasz, the top columnist for the St. Louis Post Dispatch had a great column yesterday saying that the new owners of the team have enough to deal with since their Mom died and Linehan and Jay Zigmunt (GM) should do the honorable thing and resign. The other STL columnist Bryan Burwell says pretty much the same thing in his column. It's a good read.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...EF?OpenDocument

I think the Rams fans should take a deep breathe, relax, and let this team try to gel. With all the OL issues last year, this until still needs time to get used to playing together. They have playmakers on offense that need time to make plays. Having your defense on the field for 35-40 minutes a game doesn't help, either. They are bound to tire and, inevitably, give up big plays.

The Rams have looked bad, but lets be real....they lost to perhaps two of the best three teams in the NFC thus far, and stood toe-to-toe with the Giants for three quarters. The game wasn't a blowout until Tuck returned the INT for a TD. After that, it was open season on Bulger. Before that, it was a one-posession game.

They weren't supposed to contend for the division this year. Let them play a handful of games against lesser teams, then evaluate their progress.

I see them playing well/better these next several weeks....Seattle, Buffalo & Washington will provide a much better barometer of where this team really is.

Sadly, they get the Cowboys and Patriots after that...man, they have a rough schedule early.

I think the Rams fans should take a deep breathe, relax, and let this team try to gel. With all the OL issues last year, this until still needs time to get used to playing together. They have playmakers on offense that need time to make plays. Having your defense on the field for 35-40 minutes a game doesn't help, either. They are bound to tire and, inevitably, give up big plays.

The Rams have looked bad, but lets be real....they lost to perhaps two of the best three teams in the NFC thus far, and stood toe-to-toe with the Giants for three quarters. The game wasn't a blowout until Tuck returned the INT for a TD. After that, it was open season on Bulger. Before that, it was a one-posession game.

They weren't supposed to contend for the division this year. Let them play a handful of games against lesser teams, then evaluate their progress.

I see them playing well/better these next several weeks....Seattle, Buffalo & Washington will provide a much better barometer of where this team really is.

Sadly, they get the Cowboys and Patriots after that...man, they have a rough schedule early.

I respectfully disagree for a few reasons:

1.- This is not a new defense or defensive coordinator, and they have given up almost 1,000 yards in two games. Granted, they were two good teams, but this defense looks clueless and ill-prepared. There appear to be NO real playmakers on this D. Chris Long is looking more and more like yet another in the long line of 1st round Rams busts.

2. I don't think the D really played that well in the first three quarters. True, the game was close, but that was because of missed opportunities and wide-open missed receivers on the part of the Giants, not due to the Rams D. They gave almost 200 yards in the first half, and 128 in the third. And Eli left that stadium basically only having been touched or hurried once, on Long's first-ever NFL big play.

3. This offense hasn't run a play in the red zone in the regular season and has only scored two touchdowns including the pre-season. How long do we have to wait to see a little spark? Holt's TD was an underthrown ball and was lucky (though you can't deny the skill to end up with the ball.) It also may have been a blown call. Bulger looks horrible. He has been missing receivers all over the place, on top of the six sacks he took.

Seattle is 0-2 and looking to get well at home vs. the Rams. Buffalo and Washington can't wait to play them. I see the Rams losing those three games by an average of 14 points at least.

As a fan, it kills me to say that, but it's reality. :wacko:

I respectfully disagree for a few reasons:

1.- This is not a new defense or defensive coordinator, and they have given up almost 1,000 yards in two games. Granted, they were two good teams, but this defense looks clueless and ill-prepared. There appear to be NO real playmakers on this D. Chris Long is looking more and more like yet another in the long line of 1st round Rams busts.

Whoa there Chachi.

I think it's a bit early to be calling a rookie who's played in only two games a bust. He got his first NFL sack last week against a very good Giants O-line. I know it's tough to be a Rams fan right now, but I think this kid has a very bright future in this league. Give him a little time to learn the game and the speed it's played at.

Whoa there Chachi.

I think it's a bit early to be calling a rookie who's played in only two games a bust. He got his first NFL sack last week against a very good Giants O-line. I know it's tough to be a Rams fan right now, but I think this kid has a very bright future in this league. Give him a little time to learn the game and the speed it's played at.

I said it's looking like it, he is still very young. And he has played in six NFL games, four of them preseason games against second and third stringers and this is the first time he has sniffed the backfield. In the Eagles game he had exactly one more tackle than the punter. I'm just sayin' I'm tired of hearing about his heart and his motor and his hustle and his Dad and I'd like to hear more about him making some plays. There's plenty of time for him to come around, for sure, but the dude was a #2 overall pick, shouldn't he blow past a guy away once in a while just on physical ability?