[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Excel guru - need help

MrTed46

Is this even possible in excel?

Is there a way to get a maximum/minimum number?

For example, A/B must be less than 40% what is the maximum number it can be to achieve 40%.

Examples:

if B = 100 then the max of A would be 40

if A = 40 then min of B would be 100

A and B are moving numbers and are different each time we will run the spreadsheet.

Are you going ot have one of the variables defined so as to calculate the other? Or do you need something that can calculate a reference number so that a user wont input values that are too high/low.

I guess I am not clear exactly on what you need this spreadsheet to do. If it is something simple along the lines of input a vlaue for B and have it determine the maximum value of A, that is easy to do, as is the vice versa of inputting a value for A to determine the minimum value of B. But those are fairly easy formulas to set up independently, so I am guessing that the actual problem is a fair bit more complex.

Are you going ot have one of the variables defined so as to calculate the other? Or do you need something that can calculate a reference number so that a user wont input values that are too high/low.

I guess I am not clear exactly on what you need this spreadsheet to do. If it is something simple along the lines of input a vlaue for B and have it determine the maximum value of A, that is easy to do, as is the vice versa of inputting a value for A to determine the minimum value of B. But those are fairly easy formulas to set up independently, so I am guessing that the actual problem is a fair bit more complex.

It can be simple as entering the value of A or B

I'd set it up as follows:

Column A Column B Column C

Text - Enter "A" Value Entry - AValue Formula ="AValue"/0.4

Text - Enter "B" Value Entry - BValue Formula ="BValue"*0.4

This way, at the top of the sheet, one could either enter the value of A into column B and receive the min value of B, or enter the value of B and receive the max value of A.

Hopefully the way I laid it out above makes sense. If your "40%" multiplier is a variable that you may change, I'd reccomend setting it up as a variable entry as well and then set your formula to pull from that cell rather than hardcoding the 0.4 multiplier into the formulas. (Hope this makes sense)

If you want, PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a quick workbook with what I am thinking you want in it.

Edited by Big Country