[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

investments

dmarc117

this is a question for muck or shiz.....long term whats the best play. im too short term in my line of work so my thinking is very skewed. i think the us economy is dead for a few years. was reading in barrons that emerging markets was the place to be. thinkin of going all cash with a pop from the bailout plan. spuz lookin flat though.

this is a question for muck or shiz.....long term whats the best play. im too short term in my line of work so my thinking is very skewed. i think the us economy is dead for a few years. was reading in barrons that emerging markets was the place to be. thinkin of going all cash with a pop from the bailout plan. spuz lookin flat though.

why not real estate? That is what I am concentrating on.

Some things to think about:

Cash-flowing real estate

Speculative real estate (not debt financed)

Oil and gas wells (own the actual well)

Non-US businesses w/ at least half of their revenues / profits coming from sources other than the US

3rd world infrastructure companies

...personally, I'm focusing more on #1 and #3 than the others...mainly because I believe they'll take less of my time to manage...