[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League that's impossible to TRADE in

michaelman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite smarty pants

I see you can partially quote me... but Moss and Winslow are Sell Lows

Not rip offs like Sell highs and Buy Lows... In fact someone would be buying low From me.

"Nice Work"

So, genius, how did I misquote you? You offer Moss, Winslow and Royal for a trade. Moss is clearly a disaster right now. Then you mention how the key to trading is selling high. Are you keeping up with me or should I type slower? So trying to trade Moss now is selling high? Is that what you're telling me? Enlighten us stupid people please when you get a chance. TIA.

Sigh let me break it down for ya slowpoke.

It's generally a good idea.. to Sell Your own player High... or Buy someone else's player low.

Which is why I'm puzzled because I am selling 2 of my guys Low... In which case slowpoke.. It would be a good idea for them to buy my Players Low. You still with me there?

If anything it's a bad time to sell for me. And yet still no bites. Follow?

If you took a GANDER at my roster.. at WR I have TO WAYNE MOSS ROYAL.... to fit in 2 WR spots and a Flex.. does that tell you anything about my need for WRS? Perhaps that I have too many? and OH!.. not enough RBS?

You get 0 points for physical talent this week... we're talking about the weeks to come... why am I gonna trade you someone for your last week?.. doesn't make sense.

Reading through this thread I can tell you several reasons why you are not getting trades made:

First off, you are Mr. Personality aren't you? I'm sure your emails to them have been thoughtful and respectful and just make them want to trade with you.

Second, and this is very important, people aren't biting on your offers because even though it's 3 to 1, you are still getting the best player in the deal: this is PPR, which means that Gore, Bush, Forte, and Lynch are GOLD in your leagues at the GOLD standard position.

Adding to the 'other guys are smart' line from #2: these guys look at your roster and know you have to move someone or Randy Moss will ride the pine. If you want to make a move, they know you are in a hurry and they aren't.

It's pretty simple, actually and shouldn't come as a surprise to savvy owners.

"Adding to the 'other guys are smart' line from #2: these guys look at your roster and know you have to move someone or Randy Moss will ride the pine. If you want to make a move, they know you are in a hurry and they aren't.

It's pretty simple, actually and shouldn't come as a surprise to savvy owners."

Duh since I'm "in a hurry" I'm offering three of them...

"Adding to the 'other guys are smart' line from #2: these guys look at your roster and know you have to move someone or Randy Moss will ride the pine. If you want to make a move, they know you are in a hurry and they aren't.

It's pretty simple, actually and shouldn't come as a surprise to savvy owners."

Duh since I'm "in a hurry" I'm offering three of them...

And you're in a 10 team league. Get over yourself: if I was in your league I wouldn't do that trade either because why would I trade a legit RB1 for some guys I might not even start (like Royal).

Second, and this is very important, people aren't biting on your offers because even though it's 3 to 1, you are still getting the best player in the deal: this is PPR, which means that Gore, Bush, Forte, and Lynch are GOLD in your leagues at the GOLD standard position.

It's pretty simple, actually and shouldn't come as a surprise to savvy owners.

I agree with that, it makes the trade even worse for the owner trading away their Gold player. All of those backs, especially Bush get those PPR points.

Even if it wasn't a PPR I still think it is crazy to expect anyone to make this trade....

Both Royal and WInslow generated half their points in the first game of the season and your asking everyone to overlook the last 3 weeks. Moss hasn't done anything since game 1 either.

Your asking them to give away a big fat Gold writsband for a silver(Royal) trinket, attached to a Bronze(Winslow) clip, chained to a rusty(moss).

yes as I said.. league of idiots.

and you would do a trade if you had poopyty WRs in which case you WOULD need and be starting Royal... who is top 8 fantasy scoring WRs... And if you had a weak as TE.. read the damn thing before commenting.. went over this poopy

I did - and more people agree with me than you FWIW.

Just for starters...

Half of Turner's points came in week 1.

Half of Edgerrins points came in week 4.

Half of Chad Johnson's points came in week 4.

Half of TJ's points came in week 3.

Half of T. Jones points came in week 1.

Half of Addai's points came in week 3.

Half of Santonio Holmes points came in week 4.

Half of Larry johnsons points came in week 4.

Half of Steven Jacksons points came in week 4.

And yet you arn't writing all of these guys off.... prejudice?

Edited by michaelman

Just for starters...

Half of Turner's points came in week 1.

Half of Edgerrins points came in week 4.

Half of Chad Johnson's points came in week 4.

Half of TJ's points came in week 3.

Half of T. Jones points came in week 1.

Half of Addai's points came in week 3.

Half of Santonio Holmes points came in week 4.

Half of Larry johnsons points came in week 4.

Half of Steven Jacksons points came in week 4.

And yet you arn't writing all of these guys off.... prejudice?

No prejudice and no one is writing these guys off, because we haven't been discussing any of them. Your not trying to trade anyone on this list nor are you trying to trade for them, are you! So what is your point? Why not just admit that your wrong on this one and wrap it up, no one faults you that you are attempting to low-ball the other owners in your league, just don't whine about the rejected trades because they deserved to be rejected. By the way I have Turner and at least he gave me two great games as opposed to what your offering. I expected him to do poorly the two games that he did poorly in also. I wouldn't even trade him for Royal and Winslow and Moss, and he is a downgrade from Gore, Lynch, Bush etc

Both Royal and WInslow generated half their points in the first game of the season and your asking everyone to overlook the last 3 weeks. Moss hasn't done anything since game 1 either.

Explain how this isn't writing some1 off for a 1 game performance which a LARGE majority of players have done as I clearly showed above.

Explain how this isn't writing some1 off for a 1 game performance which a LARGE majority of players have done as I clearly showed above.

Its about the players your offering and the fact that all 3 generated nice dividends the 1st week and nothing the next 3 games, except for royal this past Sunday. How can you even justify these players as being worth more than Gore, Bush, Lynch, or Forte. You must not really be reading my threads very closely, because I have laid it out in clear concise English with a long detailed explanation. I am not writing off the players that you are offering, I am telling you that no one would take that trade so don't complain about it as if its fair.

Who in the world would do any of those trades? Winslow isn't playing like the Winslow we're used to, Moss can go in the trashcan with Cassell at the helm and Royal will only have subpar games with Marshall back. I have Royal and have benched him for the most part, except last week Vs KC. I'm starting WR's like Chambers, Andre Johnson, and Reggie Wayne over him in a 10 team league.

They arn't going to perform this poopyty every week is why. I can see your one of those people that only see upside in your own guys and only down side in other peoples guys.

Flip. As far as starting Chambers, Andre and wayne?... who wouldn't? sure the few teams in the league that are stacked WRS wouldn't start Royal.. naming exceptions really doesn't contribute. I personally am starting TO, Wayne, Lance over Royal... big woop... there are other teams that aren't as strong at WR.