[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ATT - Help

Sgt Ryan

Ok, I decided 2 months ago, to take the Internet out of the house. I tried it for a week, and said Screw this, I want it back. For 7 weeks, I have yet to get the internet back up at the house. 4 different times Technicians came to my house and tested the line, and said it was fine only for the net not to come up inside. 2 other times I took the day off from work to be home to meet a tech, only for one to never show up. When I called I was told the dispatch Supervisor just cancelled the appointment without ever letting me know. Ive called Customer Service, Billing, Techincal Support, and Executive Services and every one of these idiots just point the finger and say they will check into it. Though I get a auto recording that says your internet is now working. Only its still not. I test the modem at my office, and it works fine. So I know its the line or these idiots are just not capable of seeing its not really working. So I say screw this, Im not paying the bill for September 1, as what am I paying for. Now when I call in, I get accounts receivable, and they say they will not turn the internet back on, until I pay the past due amount. Im like you idioit, I havent had service in 2 months because you morons cant get it to work. They say it will finally work, if I pay the past due amount. Im like, why would I pay for something I did not get. My frustration level reached a boiling point over a month ago. I bet Ive spent 40 hrs on the phone, on hold mostly, and still this so called fortune 30 company cant get my $45 internet service up and working.

First I want my internet back up, immediately

Second, I want some accountability. I want someone fired, and Im not going to stop until Im completely satisfied. Im to the point its time to go to the CEO of the company if this is possible. Ive already just started calling, and saying can I speak with yoru boss, when that guy gets on the phone I ask to speak to his boss, and about here I get stuck, and Im told you need techincal support. Im like this idiots cant make it work. Can someone please light a fire under someones ass and get this done, immediately.

Third, I want internet for life, for free. Why should any consumer have to go through what I did, with no regard to customer service what so ever.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Well, I doubt you'll get Internet access for free but I certainly understand your frustration. Since you can't seem to get anyone competent on the phone, how about resorting to the local press? See if you can get your local paper to do some research into this for you. Maybe find others in the area that are experiencing the same type of frustration. Even a letter to the editor slamming AT&T if printed, could be a place to start. Just clip it out and mail it to customer services. There's nothing like bad press to light a fire under stubborn, monolithic companies.

I feel your pain! The people at any major communications company are indeed idiots. Most are unionized idiots. Trust me, I use to work in the DSL dept as a network tech for one of them. I was at a higher tier and did not work directly with the home user and instead work with techs from other ISP's to make sure their connections were working across our companies equipment. I can tell you from my involvement that no one cares, because there is no sense of ownership to a problem. The get so many problems and issues, that one person (in this case you) just doesn't seem like that big a deal to them.

I will also tell you that if a customer bitches the right way, and often enough, they do have specialized groups (at our company it was called the presidential group) that take on angry customers and will makes sure to get your issues corrected. To get them involved, do as you were saying, and demand to be escalated to the next tier up or speak with a manager...when you have the manager on the phone, get his name and explain to him that you are going to write a letter with his name on it explaining how he was or was not able to get you fixed. The union workers could care less...they are protected from having any action against them. Managers on the other hand, have to worry about their jobs! Believe it or not, letters do get read, and when they do, the fires are lit.

BTW, I'm also a customer and have had to deal with their incompetence. I madeONE change to my service 4 months ago, and I am still dealing with getting the billing right. IDIOTS!

Ok, I decided 2 months ago, to take the Internet out of the house. I tried it for a week, and said Screw this, I want it back. For 7 weeks, I have yet to get the internet back up at the house. 4 different times Technicians came to my house and tested the line, and said it was fine only for the net not to come up inside. 2 other times I took the day off from work to be home to meet a tech, only for one to never show up. When I called I was told the dispatch Supervisor just cancelled the appointment without ever letting me know. Ive called Customer Service, Billing, Techincal Support, and Executive Services and every one of these idiots just point the finger and say they will check into it. Though I get a auto recording that says your internet is now working. Only its still not. I test the modem at my office, and it works fine. So I know its the line or these idiots are just not capable of seeing its not really working. So I say screw this, Im not paying the bill for September 1, as what am I paying for. Now when I call in, I get accounts receivable, and they say they will not turn the internet back on, until I pay the past due amount. Im like you idioit, I havent had service in 2 months because you morons cant get it to work. They say it will finally work, if I pay the past due amount. Im like, why would I pay for something I did not get. My frustration level reached a boiling point over a month ago. I bet Ive spent 40 hrs on the phone, on hold mostly, and still this so called fortune 30 company cant get my $45 internet service up and working.

First I want my internet back up, immediately

Second, I want some accountability. I want someone fired, and Im not going to stop until Im completely satisfied. Im to the point its time to go to the CEO of the company if this is possible. Ive already just started calling, and saying can I speak with yoru boss, when that guy gets on the phone I ask to speak to his boss, and about here I get stuck, and Im told you need techincal support. Im like this idiots cant make it work. Can someone please light a fire under someones ass and get this done, immediately.

Third, I want internet for life, for free. Why should any consumer have to go through what I did, with no regard to customer service what so ever.

I went through something very similar. Make sure you do the registration deal when they get you back up. I can explain later. That wound up being my whole problem.

Oh yeah and by the way. A nice young Indian (Dot not Feather) fellow named Steven Smith finally solved the problem for me. :wacko:

Edited by tbimm