[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cubs swept

Sgt Ryan

OK, fine. Is "scumbag" more fitting?

He certainly acts that way sometimes. I completely disagreed with him berating Chad Tracy in the dugout two years ago.

That said, I'll give him a pass for calling Jay Mariotti a "fag." You probably don't know this, but Mariotti has made a living off of ripping Jerry Reinsdorf mercilessly for at least the past decade. It got to the point where he was afraid to go into the clubhouse, his parking permit was revoked, and he almost got into a fistfight with Hawk Harrelson. Ozzie's use of that word was certainly inappropriate, but Mariotti deserved it. Mind you, Mariotti couldn't even get along with the rest of the press in Chicago. Sports writers at the Sun-Times began lashing out at him three years ago, and he felt "threatened" enough by one of his own Sun-Times colleagues in the Wrigley Field press box this summer that he called security. Not surprisingly, Mortonotti was run out of town earlier this year.

Again, Lawyer Ball. I bet you'd respect a player that works the count in slow pitch softball.

And as Pope pointed out, I'll take an arrogant ass like AJ any day over the many 'roiders that pollute the Yankees clubhouse. I'll take an ass like AJ over blatant cheaters like Giambi and Clemens any day.

In fact, the Sox have been quite vocal about PED use in baseball over the past four or five years. And they walk the walk as well, as evidenced by Kenny Williams' refusal to claim Paul Byrd off of waivers in August... and this was right around the time that Jose Contreras tore his Achilles.

Pierzynski almost single-handedly saved the Sox in the '05 ALCS. And he did it again less than a month and a half ago. If you want to blame Doug Eddings for being dumb enough to fall for his antics, fine. But it's pretty silly to blame AJ for trying. And it's pretty silly for a fan of a team full of PED users to rip AJ for playing "Lawyer Ball."

Edited by Bill Swerski

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that his players were juicing and every player they played against was clean. Is that your claim??

:wacko:

Where did I say that? I take exception to using "class" and professionalism" when describing most baseball teams the last few years. You think he's a saint, he's not.

Where did I say that?

Claiming a title is "tainted" implies that the playing field is uneven. Would you agree or disagree?

ETA: And Torre and the Yanks STOPPED winning championships when the alleged "juiced" players showed up. Unless of course you think Scott Brosius and Knoblauch were on the roids.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

Claiming a title is "tainted" implies that the playing field is uneven. Would you agree or disagree?

ETA: And Torre and the Yanks STOPPED winning championships when the alleged "juiced" players showed up. Unless of course you think Scott Brosius and Knoblauch were on the roids.

Stop being an imbecile and asking questions to change the subject.

Did every MLB team have the same number of juiced people? I bolded that part to point out your apparent lack of knowledge: The Steroid Era starts in the late 80s and ended about 2-3 seasons ago. What "Dynastic Run" happened smack dab in the middle of that with several players having admitted to using PEDs? They stopped winning when the PEDs dried up!

That's the real issue and trying to say "well he did it too - WAH!!!" doesn't change the topic at hand: Torre isn't a saint, so don't claim he's all professionalism and class like you did. You are flat out wrong and your lame attempts to change the topic at hand demonstrates you know this to be true., toolio.

Apparently you've forgotten about the Yankees winning two WS with Clemens as their ace ('99 and 2000). This is the same Clemens who miraculously went from Red Sox outcast in the winter of '96 to back-to-back Cy Young winner in Toronto ('97 and '98). His ERA dropped over a point and a half and his WHIP dropped almost a full 0.3 points from '96 to '97... at age 35. :wacko:

Before you crap on another organization, you might want to take a close look at your own.

Edited by Bill Swerski

George Mitchell sure did. :wacko: How soon - and conveniently - you forget.

Stop being an imbecile and asking questions to change the subject.

I'm glad you can have a dialogue without resorting to name calling. No wonder you stand up for a Megan Foxnozzle like Guillen.

Apparently you've forgotten about the Yankees winning two WS with Clemens as their ace ('99 and 2000).

Forgotten is the wrong word. Blocked it out is more like it. I've always resented his presence on the team, even before the Mitchell report. My lasting memory of him is his final appearance in the WS the Yankees lost to Florida and getting owned by a then barely known Josh Beckett.

I'm glad you can have a dialogue without resorting to name calling. No wonder you stand up for a Megan Foxnozzle like Guillen.

clown

Megan Foxtard

ETA: "scumbag"

These are all your words from this thread. Geez dude, how hypocritically lame can you get? And you still avoid the deal with Torre. Typical. :wacko::D

Edited by Pope Flick

These are all your words from this thread.

I respect you as a long standing member of this community, and would never call you, or anyone else on this board derogatory names. If you didn't notice, none of these words were directed at you. Unless you're Ozzie Guillen posting with an alias.

I respect you as a long standing member of this community, and would never call you, or anyone else on this board derogatory names. If you didn't notice, none of these words were directed at you. Unless you're Ozzie Guillen posting with an alias.

No, you'd rather be slyly insulting by taking my statements and spinning them into ridiculous questions to avoid answering mine. It isn't any less insulting, moran.

No, you'd rather be slyly insulting by taking my statements and spinning them into ridiculous questions to avoid answering mine. It isn't any less insulting, moran.

Sigh. . .I'm getting bored.

Have a nice day.

Wow, Gavin Floyd is getting lit up. Maybe Ozzie went and told the media that he wasn't a big game pitcher.

He Gone!!

So apparently you didn't notice Javy's inability to pitch well in the playoffs in New York (his 4.91 ERA in the regular season wasn't much to brag about, either). I guess that Joe Torre's "class" managerial skills didn't do much for him.

As for Floyd...

2005 PHI, ERA = 10.04

2006 PHI, ERA = 7.29

2007 CHI, ERA = 5.27

2008 CHI, ERA = 3.84

... it's really apparent that Ozzie's psychologically-damaging comments are ruining his career. :wacko:

You should try doing your homework every once in a while.

Edited by Bill Swerski

... it's really apparent that Ozzie's psychologically-damaging comments are ruining his career. :wacko:

You should try doing your homework every once in a while.

Ozzie never said anything about Floyd. He made those statements about Vazquez only. You should try doing your homework every once in a while.

:D

OK, I swear I'm done with this thread. . .

Ozzie never said anything about Floyd. He made those statements about Vazquez only. You should try doing your homework every once in a while.

No manure, Sherlock. I was replying to YOUR comments...

Wow, Gavin Floyd is getting lit up. Maybe Ozzie went and told the media that he wasn't a big game pitcher.

Floyd was a cast-off from Philly who has flourished in Chicago. Javy has a history of sucking in the playoffs, as well as a history of not playing well in competitive situations in general. Those two points would be obvious to anybody who took 30 seconds to do some research. But apparently making insightful comments would conflict with your obnoxious Sox-hating rants.

No manure, Sherlock. I was replying to YOUR comments...

Oh. Way to not get the joke then.

And Javy doesn't just stink in pressure situations. The very next season after he came close to winning the Cy Young, you may remember that Torre left him in a 22 run game against Cleveland to mop up. At the time it was enormous slap in the face because he was still perceived as a quality pitcher.

And for what it's worth, I'm more a Met fan than Yankee fan. I've been miscast in this thread.

Oh. Way to not get the joke then.

It was more of an ill-informed cheap-shot than a "joke."

And Javy doesn't just stink in pressure situations.

I see that you're still talking out of your ass. Let me correct you once again...

2000 Expos (67-95): 4.05 ERA

2001 Expos (68-94): 3.42 ERA

2002 Expos (83-79): 3.91 ERA

2003 Expos (83-79): 3.24 ERA

2004 Yankees (101-61): 4.91 ERA

2005 D-backs (77-85): 4.42 ERA

2006 Sox (90-72): 4.84 ERA

2007 Sox (72-90): 3.74 ERA

2008 Sox (89-74): 4.68 ERA

Career regular-season ERA: 4.32

Career postseason ERA: 10.34

Over the course of his career, Javy has clearly pitched much better in non-pressure situations (i.e., on non-competitive teams). Conversely, his ERA on competitive teams (and in playoff games) has been much higher than his career ERA. So, yes, his numbers certainly suggest that Javy does not pitch well in pressure situations. And it's pretty obvious to anybody who's actually watched them pitch for their team.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Dude, that's basically league average. He's somewhere between Jarrod Washburn and Miguel Batista. So, "stink"? No. Meh? Absolutely.

That number is his regular-season average. It does not discriminate between pitching for competitive and non-competitive teams. On average, Javy's a pretty good pitcher. When you put him in a big game, his nuts tend to shrivel up like raisins.

Since you completely ignored my point, I'll take that you're conceding it.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Actually, I agreed with you before you put up his career #'s. But, if you want to hear a "you win", you win.

That number is his regular-season average. It does not discriminate between pitching for competitive and non-competitive teams. On average, Javy's a pretty good pitcher. When you put him in a big game, his nuts tend to shrivel up like raisins.

Surprisingly, that's all he's done in this thread, along with ignoring basic facts and making fun of us for thinking Knoblauch juiced when he was in the Mitchell report.

WOW. Yankee colored glasses sure are ugly.