[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cubs swept

Sgt Ryan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really thought the Cubs would man up last night. LA manhandled them and they are playing very loose . The Cubs just couldnt get that 2 out timely hit last night. They had a lot of chances. Hats off to the Dodgers. They won that series with ease

Hang in there, Cub fans. One of these years, it's going to click.

I'm starting to think it's going to have to be one of those true, "out of nowhere" teams and not an obvious preseason pick like right now.

The most humorous thing is the amount of people who aren't fans of their teams as much as haters of the Cubs, for whatever reason. What a sad existence that must be, and as a Cubs fan I feel sorry for them.

As a Brewers fan I couldn't be happier. However, my Brewers are on life support as well but at least we've managed one win in the post season so far so I'll cling to that.

They've been right there with the Phils - they're a Rickie Weeks bobble away from being up 2-1.

No doubt that they are the most pathetic team in MLB history. How can you be a die hard fan of THAT? At least on the South side of town they have heart.

Yeah, and a clown for a manager and a Megan Foxtard for a catcher.

Sheik, say what you will about Ozzie. I'm not his biggest fan, but I'll admit he did a masterful job of taking many hits for his team's lousy play this year.

I guess with AJ, it's you either love him if he's with you, or you hate him when he's against you.

Regardless, they're still alive, so that's a good thing. Still, they are overmatched, but most of us Sox fans are realistic enough to simply enjoy the ride and know we are playing with house money right now.

The Cubs? You can just tell how tight all their fans and players are. Coal in ass, diamond poop syndrome.

You mean the same clown manager who has a ring, two division titles, two 90-win seasons, and two playoff appearances in his first five years on the job? Yeah, he sounds like a real dummy. :wacko:

And say what you want about AJ, but he might have the highest Baseball IQ in the bigs. He may be an ass, but he's also a very heads-up player who knows how to use the rulebook to his advantage.

Sheik, say what you will about Ozzie. I'm not his biggest fan, but I'll admit he did a masterful job of taking many hits for his team's lousy play this year.

Notice how he was throwing sunflower seeds at anybody on camera near the dugout today... when his team was on the brink of elimination. If some of you need a hint, he didn't do it because he's a "clown."

Do I think Pierzynski is a bit of an ass? You bet.

Would I like to have him on my team? You f*ckin' bet. .

Do I think Pierzynski is a bit of an ass? You bet.

Would I like to have him on my team? You f*ckin' bet. .

The Twins will always appreciate AJ for what we got from SF for him, never mind his contribution behind the plate. I agree with you and Bill - AJ is a major asset on the right team.

You mean the same clown manager who has a ring, two division titles, two 90-win seasons, and two playoff appearances in his first five years on the job? Yeah, he sounds like a real dummy. :wacko:

Nice. Defend a guy who acts like a 5 year old, sends pitchers to the minors when they miss drilling batters in the head, who calls his beat writers "fags", who called A-Rod a hypocrite when no one asked for or gave a crap what he thought about which team A-Rod was going to play for in the WBC.

One ring? Please. . . How many rings does Joe Torre have? And best of all, Torre can be proud that he won all of his rings with class and professionalism.

And as for A.J., nothing says winner like a guy who specializes in Lawyer Ball. And his peers love him too!

A May 2006 issue of Sports Illustrated featured a survey taken among 470 baseball players about what player they would most like to see get beaned. Pierzynski received eighteen percent of the vote, higher than any other player. Forty-two percent of those surveyed in the AL Central Division (which the White Sox play in) voted for Pierzynski.

Nice. Defend a guy who acts like a 5 year old, sends pitchers to the minors when they miss drilling batters in the head, who calls his beat writers "fags", who called A-Rod a hypocrite when no one asked for or gave a crap what he thought about which team A-Rod was going to play for in the WBC.

I've said before in this forum that I don't agree with everything that Ozzie says and does. But to call him a "clown" is just plain ignorance.

One ring? Please. . . How many rings does Joe Torre have? And best of all, Torre can be proud that he won all of his rings with class and professionalism.

Ozzie has never had the luxury of out-spending the rest of the league by $50-70 million. I agree that Torre is a better manager and a class act, but this isn't an "Ozzie vs. Torre" discussion. But if you want to go down that road, you need to go back and look at how Torre did managing the Mets, Braves, and Cardinals. Over those first 15 seasons, he had a whole ONE division title. Meanwhile, Ozzie wins a WS in his second year on the job.

If you want to question Ozzie's competence as a manager, I'll go ahead and question your baseball knowledge. Ozzie's a winner, and he has the ring, the division titles, and the overall record to back it up.

And as for A.J., nothing says winner like a guy who specializes in Lawyer Ball. And his peers love him too!

Outside of Brett Tomko, I haven't heard any of AJ's teammates say anything negative about him. AJ helps his team win games... period. And his teammates respect him for that. If he hadn't drawn Willy Aybar into that interference call back in August, the Sox would be playing golf right now.

I've said before in this forum that I don't agree with everything that Ozzie says and does. But to call him a "clown" is just plain ignorance.

OK, fine. Is "scumbag" more fitting?

If he hadn't drawn Willy Aybar into that interference call back in August, the Sox would be playing golf right now.

Again, Lawyer Ball. I bet you'd respect a player that works the count in slow pitch softball.

Please. He had known, established and admitted cheating (juicing) players on those teams. Those rings are tainted, just like the NE SB trophies. Just because he sits there looking cool and says 'all the right tings' doesn't make him less complicit as manager in running a dirty squad.

Edited by Pope Flick

Please. He had known, established and admitted cheating (juicing) players on those teams. Those rings are tainted, just like the NE SB trophies. Just because he sits there looking cool and says 'all the right tings' doesn't make him less complicit as manager in running a dirty squad.

So you're saying that his players were juicing and every player they played against was clean. Is that your claim??

:wacko: