[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 8 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

werd

couldn't agree more - which is the reason I am a bit weary just bc the line does look like a gift.

Oh well, I am down on Tenn -4, hitting it pretty hard

go Titans

:wacko:

broke my money management rule and pounded Tenn - the better talent and team came thru in the 2nd half - nice W for Tenn

if public money continues to come in on Indy and skew the line some- something to look for in coming weeks -

Indy just doesn't have it anymore

My system had Ten winning by 9 and thus called for a play on Ten, but I didn't have enough confidence after performing my analysis to recommend it as a top play.

Through 3 quarters, game was as even as could be, and some could argue even Ind was surprising and playing better. But boy did Ten come alive in the 4th. The turnover didn't help Ind's cause at all. I was going to post about the line yesterday but I ran out of time:

This line was set beautifully by Vegas. This was truly a game where I think a lot of people had strong opinions one way or another.

Manning getting more than a FG on MNF? The guy is typically unconscious on MNF and in this series, the largest the line ever was w/ Peyton playing QB was +3 and Ind won SU. Otherwise, Peyton was always the fav, and he went 8-1 SU since 03, so give me the points!

Other school of thought is: the Colts are washed up, Manning isn't as strong, Colts rep is not what it used to be, Ten is undefeated and at home on MNF, how can they not be favored by more than 4 over this Colts team?

Personally, I acknowledge strengths and weaknesses in both arguments, and found this line to be set perfectly to do 1 main thing: Generate a lot of people to bet on the game. And as you can see, the line didn't move much at all. From -3.5 to -4 and then back down to -3.5 near kick. A lot of people played this game, action was more or less balanced, not sure on the dollars but if I had to guess I would suspect slightly more on Ind. It was a perfect line that they didn't have to adjust much and probably generated some decent revenue.