[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christmas Spending

boat_hacked

Well, it's getting close to that time of year. Just wondering what everyone else spends on extended family, SIL, BIL, nieces, and nephews, if anything. I've been biting my tongue over the amount my wife spends on her nieces and nephew, total of 3 (ages 7-13) . We have no children of our own, yet. I don't mind buying 1-2 gifts per child, but the last couple of years she has spent somewhere around $500. We have had a few arguments lately about how much to spend this year. She says Christmas is about children and seeing their faces light up Xmas morning... you get the drift. I, on the otherhand, tell her we are not their parents and its not our responsibility to lavish them with gifts. A few gifts are fine, but the amount she spends :wacko: I feel that the "spoiling" of gifts fall more onto Mom and Dad. Your thoughts......

Well, it's getting close to that time of year.

Yeah all the displays in stores before freakin Halloween remind me of that. :wacko:

Basically not much. Parents/siblings too old or off on their own to bother with it and they don't want much anyway, it's like a token gift or 3, and some tinker toy stuff for the nephews/nieces and a few select friends and a few friends' kids. ol whatsername gets the lion's share of it all, really, and even we don't go too crazy at all. ie no lavish jewelry or widescreen TVs or such - mostly some clothes, some CD or book asked for, stuff like that. More about the thought than the wallet. And while the gift thing is fun, also trying to oh btw re-emphasize the guy who's birthday is celebrated and the general thing about being together and all.

Edited by BeeR

My two grandsons will be spoiled again this year (not that they care), but gifts between other family members will be decided by drawing names.

All of our friends have agreed with us NOT to exchange gifts this year.