[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurting at RB

detlef

Good news first, I'm 6-2 and in 1st place. Due largely to an outstanding WR group, Drew Brees, good enough production from LT, and waiver moves like Mewelde Moore.

However, I'm pretty hosed this week at RB and need to pick someone up to avoid starting J Lewis and R Torain as my only RBs. This, of course, assumes that Parker is back and Moore goes back to the bench.

I've got a bye week D I can drop but need to grab a back up to Brees as well, so I'm forced to let go of a RB.

My RBs

LT, J Lew, R Torain, J Stewart, M Moore

There's nobody else worth dropping on my team. Though I have 6 WRs and don't need that kind of depth. They're all good enough that I don't want someone else being able to pick them up. Wayne, Marshall, R White, L Coles, B Berrien, B Edwards.

My inclination at this point is to ship J Stewart. He's just not doing much and Williams is been very productive. I can't see why Carolina bothers to get Stew into the mix any more than they have been. Plus, of course, he's on the bye anyway so he's no good to me this week.

It's either him or Moore but waivers on on Wednesday and Moore might still be a starter if Parker doesn't mend.

As for who's out there, there's actually a few decent options:

Ricky Williams @ Broncos

Kevin Smith @ Bears

Ray Rice @ Browns

Also, both Edge and Hghtower are there as well, they're at the Rams.

So, as of now, I'm thinking dropping Stewart and picking up Williams.

Thoughts?

I have a very similar situation, but I have roster requirements to worry about, so I if I want to pick up a running bacl, I have to drop a RB. I have Gore and Stewart on bye this week, leaving me with Chris Johnson and Ryan Torain to play this week. Was wondering if I should drop Stewart for the likes of Ricky Williams, Ray Rice, or Chester Taylor this week, as that is about all that is left on the WW. Should I drop Stewart for one of those guys, or roll the dice with Torain this week?

If you insist on picking up a WW RB, it's Hightower.

I wouldn't drop anyone tho for a RB, if you need a quality QB backup, grab the best one available. If you've got a droppable DEF, then do that. Otherwise, drop Moore or JStew, whichever you don't start this week, obviously.

Start JLew with confidence. Moore if Parker is questionable, otherwise JStew.

couldnt have said it any better.

with hightower starting to get all the carries, id jump on him as soon as i could.

heres mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=269191

I have a very similar situation, but I have roster requirements to worry about, so I if I want to pick up a running bacl, I have to drop a RB. I have Gore and Stewart on bye this week, leaving me with Chris Johnson and Ryan Torain to play this week. Was wondering if I should drop Stewart for the likes of Ricky Williams, Ray Rice, or Chester Taylor this week, as that is about all that is left on the WW. Should I drop Stewart for one of those guys, or roll the dice with Torain this week?

:wacko:

15 yards and a loss of down for asking for fantasy advice in someone else's fantasy advice question whilst never answering the original question.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

If you insist on picking up a WW RB, it's Hightower.

I wouldn't drop anyone tho for a RB, if you need a quality QB backup, grab the best one available. If you've got a droppable DEF, then do that. Otherwise, drop Moore or JStew, whichever you don't start this week, obviously.

Start JLew with confidence. Moore if Parker is questionable, otherwise JStew.

couldnt have said it any better.

with hightower starting to get all the carries, id jump on him as soon as i could.

heres mine:

You guys are missing a valuable point here. J Stew is on a bye so I can't start him. Turns out Hightower is not available. Someone grabbed him last week.. I think I'm ditching J Stew for Ricky Will.

15 yards and a loss of down for asking for fantasy advice in someone else's fantasy advice question whilst never answering the original question.

:D Though, considering that he has about the exact same question, I don't mind.

I'd agree that Hightower or Williams are the best options. That being said, why not move some of that WR depth for a RB via trade?

Since I made this post, I did, but he's not going to help me this week. I moved L Coles for Reggie Bush but he's no good to me for a few more weeks.

Since I made this post, I did, but he's not going to help me this week. I moved L Coles for Reggie Bush but he's no good to me for a few more weeks.

really? is this a PPR league? even if bush is out a few weeks, this is a really nice trade. i was thinking of pushing coles and welker for bush...

really? is this a PPR league? even if bush is out a few weeks, this is a really nice trade. i was thinking of pushing coles and welker for bush...

It's neither a PPR league nor do we get pts for return TDs, so both of those diminish his value a bit. None the less, despite that, he was top 10 RB when he went down. The guy I traded with was sort of over a barrel. He can only afford to win maybe once or twice more and has good RBs (Portis, Barber, D Williams, and E Graham) but crap for WRs.

Sorry. I had nothing to add and as stated I had exactly the same question. It was either add on here or start a new thread, and lord knows we don't need more!

:D Though, considering that he has about the exact same question, I don't mind.

Does this mean that the flag was declined?

Torain would be a fluke this week because they don't know if he can pass block yet so his playing time will be determined by that. I can't imagine them just throwing him out there for 3 downs at a time right away. I think he sees 10 touches. Is that enough. I have to bet against it.

Good news first, I'm 6-2 and in 1st place. Due largely to an outstanding WR group, Drew Brees, good enough production from LT, and waiver moves like Mewelde Moore.

However, I'm pretty hosed this week at RB and need to pick someone up to avoid starting J Lewis and R Torain as my only RBs. This, of course, assumes that Parker is back and Moore goes back to the bench.

I've got a bye week D I can drop but need to grab a back up to Brees as well, so I'm forced to let go of a RB.

My RBs

LT, J Lew, R Torain, J Stewart, M Moore

There's nobody else worth dropping on my team. Though I have 6 WRs and don't need that kind of depth. They're all good enough that I don't want someone else being able to pick them up. Wayne, Marshall, R White, L Coles, B Berrien, B Edwards.

My inclination at this point is to ship J Stewart. He's just not doing much and Williams is been very productive. I can't see why Carolina bothers to get Stew into the mix any more than they have been. Plus, of course, he's on the bye anyway so he's no good to me this week.

It's either him or Moore but waivers on on Wednesday and Moore might still be a starter if Parker doesn't mend.

As for who's out there, there's actually a few decent options:

Ricky Williams @ Broncos

Kevin Smith @ Bears

Ray Rice @ Browns

Also, both Edge and Hghtower are there as well, they're at the Rams.

So, as of now, I'm thinking dropping Stewart and picking up Williams.

Thoughts?

Torian and Ricky and Rice are the same player to me. Kevin Smith is up against Chicago. Not a good matchup at all. Stewart is one play away from going off on a consistant basis so he has hard to drop. Moore is another hard to drop player because there seems to be more going on in Parkers knee then we know about. I sat him on the bench two weeks in a row for fear of Parker and went 1 and 1. I sat him for Bush though so I can't blame myself for that one. But honestly, with that choice you have, they all carry the same amount of risk but for different reasons. You may want to hold tight and see what happens after waivers clear.

I would not drop a WR as they are all good. If I had to I would drop Moore over Stewart. Moores playing time has to go down right? And soon. So Stewart is more valuable.

Rice is interesting because Willis is just a been Mr. Glass as of late. It that continues he makes a good play for Baltimore but there again a waiting game.