[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good, Bad or Ugly?

BLK&GLD

Folks,

Sitting at 8-1 in my 12 team league. Made a trade yesterday:

Gave:

Delhomme

D Ward

Torain

Received:

P Manning

Roy Williams (Dallas)

TJ Duckett

The other team needed two running backs for this week and we wanted a top-shelf QB (Manning). The other players were basically throw-in's.

What do you all think? Did I give up too much for Manning or was this a smart trade?

Thanks for your thoughts - team in sig.

Edited by BLK&GLD

I dont know what the rest of your team looks like, but it doesnt look too favorable for you.

Ward and Duckett can be considered a wash, delhomme and eli also basically a wash simply because he will be rested down the stretch when in weeks 15, 16, 17 because they will be a lock in the playoffs, so basically Torain is the best player in the trade, who will lead the load for the run heavy Broncos who have no RB whatsoever.

All in all I think it was 60-40 loss on your side.

I dont know what the rest of your team looks like, but it doesnt look too favorable for you.

Ward and Duckett can be considered a wash, delhomme and eli also basically a wash simply because he will be rested down the stretch when in weeks 15, 16, 17 because they will be a lock in the playoffs, so basically Torain is the best player in the trade, who will lead the load for the run heavy Broncos who have no RB whatsoever.

Hard for me to agree that Torain is the best player in the deal. That could change after this weekend. Maybe the player with the most upside...

If today he really is the best player in the deal, then the stakes are low enough that it shouldn't matter.

This is more about fitting needs in your roster and looking at your matchups going forward.

Not your fault...you stated P Manning. In my book P stands for Peyton and D stands for Derrick. Torrain is an unproven 5th round rookie that Shanahan himself doesnt feel all that comfortable with. Ward is way better than Duckett and Peyton may be worth the upgrade from Delhomme. Im sure if you traded torrain and Ward and your 8-1 then you probably have alot of RB depth anyway. Good trade for you.

Don't listen to GeorgeG..he apparently can't read and has no clue what he is talking about.

Manning will get it going for the Colts, and should have a good second half of the season, so I think he will be an upgrade from Delhomme...

who knows what you have/had in Torain; could bust out for 150 and a td this week against the Brownies, or could get 5 carries, for 12 yards, and have Selvin Young playing. So can't past judgment on him just yet....

I like D Ward over Duckett....how often will you comfortably be able to start Duckett?

I do think Roy Williams has some upside.....Once Romo gets back and healthy, Cowboys are still a legit team that will put up points....

Going player by player, think upgrade at QB (manning over delhomme).....downgrade for Duckett over D Ward.......and have to give an INCOMPLETE on the Torain for Roy Williams as no idea what Torain can/will do....

good luck!

This is lopsided IMO for you.You get Manning who will continue to get better.Williams for all we know may be better than TO when Romo returns.I would have given Jake,Ward and Torain for Manning alone.Nice job on your part.

Not your fault...you stated P Manning. In my book P stands for Peyton and D stands for Derrick. Torrain is an unproven 5th round rookie that Shanahan himself doesnt feel all that comfortable with. Ward is way better than Duckett and Peyton may be worth the upgrade from Delhomme. Im sure if you traded torrain and Ward and your 8-1 then you probably have alot of RB depth anyway. Good trade for you.

Don't listen to GeorgeG..he apparently can't read and has no clue what he is talking about.

He edited that after we asked him. Originally it just read Manning and Ward.

Carbon Thief it was edited the P and the D werent there before, get your facts straight before you say something..and now that its P manning the trade is even but he stll he didnt win, DEN has big hopes for torain and he stands to be #1 on the depth thru the whole year...get your facts straight!