[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any news on Betts?

Swashbucklers

(Rotoworld) Ladell Betts is not expected to return from his knee sprain in Week 11. Analysis: Coach Jim Zorn says the Redskins will use a "community" backfield against the Cowboys if both Betts and Clinton Portis (knee) are inactive. Betts didn't practice at all over Washington's bye and is healing behind schedule.

(Rotoworld) Ladell Betts is not expected to return from his knee sprain in Week 11. Analysis: Coach Jim Zorn says the Redskins will use a "community" backfield against the Cowboys if both Betts and Clinton Portis (knee) are inactive. Betts didn't practice at all over Washington's bye and is healing behind schedule.

There's more that Rotoworld left out... EDIT: On second glance, Rotoworld's blurb is bordering on blatant misinformation.

:wacko:

Redskins: It takes a ‘community’ to replace Portis

By JOSEPH WHITE, AP Sports Writer

“If Clinton can’t go, it’s going to be a community position,” Zorn said. “If Ladell is near 100 percent, I would feature Ladell. If Ladell’s not 100 percent, I think I would feature Shaun Alexander—and then Rock Cartwright would be a bigger factor as well.”

“[Portis] could straighten out his leg, so we were hip, hip hooraying,” Zorn said. “He’s working hard to get back. It just remains to be seen whether he can or not.”

Betts participated on a limited basis in practice Wednesday. Watch the practice report for Betts. If he improves throughout the week and is a full participant on Friday, Betts will probably be featured with Portis out.

Edited by kingfish247

Betts participated on a limited basis in practice Wednesday. Watch the practice report for Betts. If he improves throughout the week and is a full participant on Friday, Betts will probably be featured with Portis out.

Thank you - I do own Betts, hopefully he will be OK to go. I'm assuming Portis will be out, but I don't think Alexander would do much if he started, so I didn't bother.

Edited by bioya