[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Tie Breakers - How Do You Do It?

SpinalTapp

we have four teams that are 8-4 and none of them play each other this week. we also have two teams that are 7-5 and one team that is 6-6.

Our tie breaking system between individual teams is: (1) head to head, then (2) divisional record, and (3) total points scored.

What do you do when four teams are tied at 9-4? Do you do a round robin head to head bake off? Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2, Team C is 3-1, and Team D is 2-2 so then Team A and C move on to the second tie breaker which is divisional record?

My question is....what would you do if you were in our position? round robin head to head bake off followed by divisional and total point contest? Or would you throw out head to head and go straight to divisional and total points? Please understand, I cant change the rules at this late date, I have to stay within the tie breaker system in place today.

secondly, how do you handle tie breakers?

Edited by SpinalTapp

If both teams have the same divisional record, you should then alos look at when they played eachother, did one win over the other? If so the winner of that game moves on. Like you stated, Team A and Team C are tied within the division. Then look at both of them, did they play each other? If so whoever won that meeting wins the top seed, then the other team with 3-1 gets 2nd seed and so on. If they split the meetings then you must use total points.

Either way the 3-1 teams are 1 and 2 in that respective division.

Edited by RJV