[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So did I just blow the championship? Or solidify my spot?

The Hitter

See my current team below in my sig. Currently 11-1 and the #1 seed heading into the playoffs (weeks 15-17).

I've been second-guessing myself all day, but my gut says I made the right decision.

Trade deadline is tomorrow morning. Just traded Portis, Rashied Davis, & Mike Furrey for Addai, Rhodes, & Garcia.

Portis' remaining schedule, his nagging injuries, and not being able to acquire Betts left me feeling scared of him. And the McNabb situation had me wondering if I'd end up relying on Kolb to carry me at QB. Not a pretty sight.

I tried to get a decent QB in a small deal initially, but everyone wanted one of my top players. So I offered this up and the guy took the deal.

I went after Addai & Garcia because of their remaining schedules and the fact that each has his team in the NFL playoff hunt so they're not likely to throw in the towel on the season. Also, getting Rhodes eased my mind about any injuries hitting my RBs. I can easily add McFadden into the starting lineup if he starts coming on down the stretch.

Guess I'm just looking for a little confirmation that I did the right thing. Or did I ruin a very good team by over-thinking?

What say you? I'll reply to yours.

See my current team below in my sig. Currently 11-1 and the #1 seed heading into the playoffs (weeks 15-17).

I've been second-guessing myself all day, but my gut says I made the right decision.

Trade deadline is tomorrow morning. Just traded Portis, Rashied Davis, & Mike Furrey for Addai, Rhodes, & Garcia.

Portis' remaining schedule, his nagging injuries, and not being able to acquire Betts left me feeling scared of him. And the McNabb situation had me wondering if I'd end up relying on Kolb to carry me at QB. Not a pretty sight.

I tried to get a decent QB in a small deal initially, but everyone wanted one of my top players. So I offered this up and the guy took the deal.

I went after Addai & Garcia because of their remaining schedules and the fact that each has his team in the NFL playoff hunt so they're not likely to throw in the towel on the season. Also, getting Rhodes eased my mind about any injuries hitting my RBs. I can easily add McFadden into the starting lineup if he starts coming on down the stretch.

Guess I'm just looking for a little confirmation that I did the right thing. Or did I ruin a very good team by over-thinking?

What say you? I'll reply to yours.

I think you made the right move here. Addai will only get better and Portis will only get worse. Rhodes is a lot better handcuff than Betts also, I played Rhodes twice this year with great success. The two receivers don't really mean anything to me, unless it's a real deep leave. I think McNabb will start rolling also, starting tomorrow.

Edited by gogobuffalo2727

I think you made the right move. Addai has a better schedule than Portis and picking Garcia as insurance was a great move, and Rhodes is a solid handcuff. I'm shocked the guy did this trade.

See mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=274230

i definitely think you made the right move. you got indy's running game and a decent backup qb, for portis who could go down any day now. indy's schedule looks great for addai/rhodes and now you can play the match up at qb. nice trade

i just made a questionable last minute trade myself. i'm waiting for it to go thru in the next 10 mins. i gave mcgahee and fargas for steven jackson. both of those rb's would have been riding my bench unless 2 of my other rb's went down. i also am trying to help the guy i traded with get a win this week to push me into the playoffs, hopefully fargas helps him out.

good luck man

Edited by dino88