[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All commissioners out there!

I am in two leagues. One league I have been in for over 10 years and we do not allow free agent pick ups in the playoffs.

The other league we started at work this year and we alos do not allow free agent pick ups in the palyoffs...but, some owners are talking about changing that for next season. I like it the way it is.

Just some input or ideas or opinions about the issue.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I commish a 15 year league and we have always allowed trans. during playoffs and never had a problem or issue just obv. when ur out of it ur team is locked. If someone wants to pick someone up and start them during the playoffs let them roll the dice majority of the time it isn't gonna work out in there favor. So unless ur scared that it will be u transacting and chundering than who cares. :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

I humbly disagree with our panel. We permit free agents up until the playoff start. This puts a premium on developing your roster prior to the playoffs, rather than allowing a weaker team to scour the waiver wire at the eleventh hour. IMO it puts effort towards playing your best lineup, rather than cock blocking all the other teams with your own waiver pick ups leading up to the playoffs. Just my two cents.

I humbly disagree with our panel. We permit free agents up until the playoff start. This puts a premium on developing your roster prior to the playoffs, rather than allowing a weaker team to scour the waiver wire at the eleventh hour. IMO it puts effort towards playing your best lineup, rather than cock blocking all the other teams with your own waiver pick ups leading up to the playoffs. Just my two cents.

One of my leagues permits free agents up until the playoffs. After the playoffs start, the only time someone can pick up a free agent is if one of their players goes on IR during the games previous week but the pick up most be the same position/starting slot. This stops most pick ups but will let a team replace someone that went on IR so they can fill a hole and stay competitive.

I have commished for 6 years and never had an issue with free agency during the playoffs. If there is talent on the wire and can be used to help a team, why shouldn't that franchise take advantage. Injuries happen, suspensions happen, players shoot themselves...unforeseen events should not stop a team from fielding a competitive squad week to week. I whole heartedly disagree with 51Butkus. There is always a premium on building your roster. All the way to the championship.

*** Only teams not competing in a bracket should be barred from transactions.***