[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddlers Please Help - Playoff WDIS

First my apologies to the City of Detroit, which I do hold in reverence, but the Lions are just so bad that I may actually have a dilemma here:

Romo (top tier QB w/ a terrible matchup) @ Pitt or

Gus (who showed me something Sunday night against CHI) @ the Motor City?

I know the cliche of Never Bench Your Studs, but Romo literally faces the toughest Pass D, while Gus faces one of the worst. Am I overthinking this?

Thanks for all insights.

I'm struggling w/ the same question. For whatever it's worth, I'm starting Romo. Dallas is getting on a roll, Barber is a little dinged and it's tougher to run on Pitt vs Pass. Pitt's pass def is good, but lets look who they faced:

Hou- Schaub- 200 yds and 1 td

Cleveland- Struggling Alexander

Philly- McNabb (inconsistent) and struggles vs 3-4 def

Bal- Rookie in his 4th game

Jac- Struggling Garrard

Cin- Fitzpatrick

Giants- running team- Eli 200 yds and 1 td

Was- struggling Campbell

Indy- Manning- 240 and 3 td's

SD- Rivers- bad game but he traditionally struggles on the road

Cincy- Fitzpatrick

NE- Cassell- bad weather and his receivers dropped a ton of passes. Moss dropped two td's himself

If this is a playoff game or a game of importance, I'd rather have my season riding on Romo vs Ferrotte........imo

GoNads nailed it -- I'm probably starting Romo (see http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275107) and said in my post "I'm leaning towards Romo, even though he's got the worst matchup on paper. I know the Steelers pass D is good, but remember, the numbers are partly a function of the schedule -- they've played the Bengals twice, the Browns, the Ravens, etc. I think the only guys who they held to significantly worse than their typical game were Philip Rivers and Matt Cassel. And with Marion Barber out (or less than 100%) the Cowboys will have to throw." GoNads just gave even more detail that I had.

And as for weather, look at it this way -- once Romo gets the ball to TO, or Witten, or Roy Williams -- they'll know where they're going in the slop, the defense won't -- lots of big play potential.