[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trades

MrTed46

I just noticed, I am playing against a team who has

J Addai, D Owens, E royal, B Berrian, and Car DST. Whats the catch? They were ALL on my roster week 1 and through trades/WW they are on his roster. This is week 1 of playoffs and I think he will beat me.

Funny how it works out. Very good managing on his part.

In case anyone wondering what happened:

E Royal + O Daniels for R Moss (Week 2)

Dropped B Berrian (Week 3) he acquired him (Week 5)

CAR DST trade for Thigpen (Week 11) - Titans in my main DST

J Addain trade for Graham (Week 10) - This is by far my biggest mistake since Graham got hurt.

I then traded R Moss for Witten right before Moss caught 3 TD in a game (but Witten seems to be back).

Anyone else find themselves in a similar situation.

Edited by MrTed46

Yeah, I am starting to learn it's good to limit your wheeling and dealing sometimes, or at least give players a chance to show their true colors . Early in the season I traded Michael Turner for Ronnie Brown, then traded Royal and T Edwards for McGahee to a bottom dweller team to help him beat some people.

Brown has been decent but Turner has sure had a helluva lot more great games than Brown. McGahee doesn't exist FF-wise now and I could sure use a reliable #3 receiver like Royal now with Wayne being unproductive. Oh yeah, I also had Berrian as a bye-week plugin and released him just before he blew up.

This is my first FF season and the #1 thing I learned is to give your players a chance before dealing them based on one or two games

Edited by efi4eye

Yeah, I am starting to learn it's good to limit your wheeling and dealing sometimes, or at least give players a chance to show their true colors . Early in the season I traded Michael Turner for Ronnie Brown, then traded Royal and T Edwards for McGahee to a bottom dweller team to help him beat some people.

Brown has been decent but Turner has sure had a helluva lot more great games than Brown. McGahee doesn't exist FF-wise now and I could sure use a reliable #3 receiver like Royal now with Wayne being unproductive. Oh yeah, I also had Berrian as a bye-week plugin and released him just before he blew up.

This is my first FF season and the #1 thing I learned is to give your players a chance before dealing them based on one or two games

I'm not so mad I traded them away as the fact that I am playing so many of them in the playoffs. Its like shooting yourself in the thigh

This is my first year as well. Don't look back!

As long as I am buying low and using the schedule to help make sure I'm selling high, I don't look back. BUT, I have learned to look at the matchups on the week I play my trade partner. No sense in giving them a piece or two that will help beat you.

I almost made the same mistake by dropping Berrian, but picked him up again off waivers before anyone else did.

Buying low usually involves a gamble of some sort that the buy low can turn it around and that the player you give doesn't continue to be a stud. So research into the recent and upcoming matchups is critical.

I just noticed, I am playing against a team who has

J Addai, D Owens, E royal, B Berrian, and Car DST. Whats the catch? They were ALL on my roster week 1 and through trades/WW they are on his roster. This is week 1 of playoffs and I think he will beat me.

Funny how it works out. Very good managing on his part.

In case anyone wondering what happened:

E Royal + O Daniels for R Moss (Week 2)

Dropped B Berrian (Week 3) he acquired him (Week 5)

CAR DST trade for Thigpen (Week 11) - Titans in my main DST

J Addain trade for Graham (Week 10) - This is by far my biggest mistake since Graham got hurt.

I then traded R Moss for Witten right before Moss caught 3 TD in a game (but Witten seems to be back).

Anyone else find themselves in a similar situation.

No

But I sure wish I played in a league with you :wacko: