[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My cellphone

BigMikeinNY

I somehow got my Verizon LG cell phone into a mode that I cannot get out.

My cell is stuck on "Car Kit" mode. It wont ring, it wont make sound, the alarm doesnt work, and I cannot make calls.

It says "Car Kit" across the screen and I cant figure out how to get rid of it.

My phone

Anyone know how-ta get me outta this?

Take it to a local Verizon store. The phone thinks it is connected to the car kit. It might be as simple a plugging it into a car charger, but I think the experts would know what to do.

Sounds like somebody is stuck on themself thinking everybody wants to talk to you :wacko:

OK, back to the subject at hand....... as bad as you will hate it you will have to take it to the local store. I had a similiar thing happen (my phone would drop EVERY call 3 seconds in) and I lucked into getting the pimple faced geek that actually knew how to fix the darn thing. and yes he took the battery out. I walked out feeling really OLD and DUMB. I just assume when I turn 65-70 the clock on whatever new gadget they have by then will be flashing 12:00 :D

There is a sequence of steps that could be taken on the phone to try to get it out of Car Kit Mode. It can also be an indication that the phone was exposed to some sort of liquid. I dont have the specific steps to try right now but I will try to get them for you tomorrow. All I can remember at this point is that it involved plugging it in to a car charger.

Edited by max

Turn phone on.

Plug phone into car charger.

Turn phone off.

Unplug car charger.

Turn phone on.

This can be done with a wired headset too. If this doesn't work then there is an issue with your phone.