[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore or Hillis?

BigTen

This may sound crazy but Hillis is facing KC while Gore faces the JETS at home. Gore has done nothing lately and Hillis has been playing well. Week one of the playoffs, am I crazy for starting Hillis over Gore? My other RB is C. Johnson.

This may sound crazy but Hillis is facing KC while Gore faces the JETS at home. Gore has done nothing lately and Hillis has been playing well. Week one of the playoffs, am I crazy for starting Hillis over Gore? My other RB is C. Johnson.

It's not crazy. Hillis is like #9 in RB scoring for the past three weeks. He has a 100+yd receiving game. Shanahan is considering him as a possible RB/TE next season. Nobody else is healthy or legit. They're playing the Chiefs.

I can see Gore as an option still - it may be the Jets but Gore can catch passes - but you're not crazy for starting Hillis. Just depends if you want to start your studs or go for upside.

I think I'd do it too -- the difference in the matchups is huge. I'm pro bably sitting Gore (starting Forte, Slaton, and Tyler Thigpen at flex ahead of him); I just don't see him doing THAT much against the Jets, who have something to prove after last week. Gore will get his yards (on the ground and through the air), but I think Hillis is a better bet for the endzone. You've gotta figure the Broncos are gonna put up a lot more points Sunday than the Niners; that leaves a bigger pie for HIllis to get a piece of.

And like you said in your original post, Gore hasn't been anything special recently, Hillis has...