[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This'll be interesting

muck

The one thing that I would love for them to check out right away is the fact that I pay $99 per day for my child to go to an advanced study class on Saturdays that most of the kids get to go to for free or for $20 based on if they recieve free or reduced lunch.

I'm not saying that those kids should not get to go to this thing at the reduced cost but if I got to factor in the money that I spend to send my child to that progam then I would probably get free or reduced lunch.

I have said this before but I know a femal mother of three that has never worked a day of her life. She is on social security and probably should be. She gets section eight housing, (free rent for those that don't know), energy assistance, food stamps, and checks for each of her three children that were born to a junkie that is dead and never paid into the system. I am not saying that this woman should not get help but when that help has her with more income to spend between pays then a guy like me that works an average of about 65 hours a week, then something is wrong. She does great with her money and has taken her kids to vacations like Disney, a cruise, and at the very least to the beach each summer. I don't wish that the people like her live a life of poverty but it just doesn't seem right that she lives the same or better than I do. :wacko:

I am not saying that this woman should not get help but when that help has her with more income to spend between pays then a guy like me that works an average of about 65 hours a week, then something is wrong. She does great with her money and has taken her kids to vacations like Disney, a cruise, and at the very least to the beach each summer. I don't wish that the people like her live a life of poverty but it just doesn't seem right that she lives the same or better than I do. :wacko:

I find it very hard to believe that she does well living off nothing but government assistance. Are you sure she's not getting money from family?

I find it very hard to believe that she does well living off nothing but government assistance. Are you sure she's not getting money from family?

I know her situation very well. There is no family support for this woman and never has been. She does get three checks for each of her children but those checks are really small. What she gets that puts her over the top is all sorts of aid from things like energy assistance, food banks, hell she even gets a telephone for free as per some sort of life line rule. Now maybe if she was not so good at working the system then maybe she would not have as much as she has but we are talking about a woman that orders out several times a week and never hesitates to do so. Her kids are very well dressed have spending money to walk to the store every day. She had the money to send two of her kids to the movies this weekend via a cab because we were not available to give them a ride. She often rents a car for the weekend and has her sister drive her to the places that she needs to go. There is no other source of income for this woman and the only time that I see her struggle is when she has to buy something like a new refrigerator. Then she ends up paying more for it becuase she can't come up with all the money right away. Having said that, if she new that the fridge was on its way out, she would have been able to save for it with no problem.

Oh and there is an agency that was at her house a while back working on the Christmas list for the kids. Again, I give her credit for knowing how to work the system but I just can't help but think it is not right in the big picture of it all.