[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

coach charged

dmarc117

High school coach charged in player's death

Associated Press

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A Kentucky high school football coach has been charged with reckless homicide in the death of a player who collapsed at practice on a hot day.

Jefferson County Commonwealth's Attorney Dave Stengel says a grand jury indicted Pleasure Ridge Park head football coach David Jason Stinson on Thursday. The school is in Louisville.

Pleasure Ridge sophomore Max Gilpin collapsed on Aug. 20 and died three days later at a hospital.

A call to Stinson's attorney, Alex Dathorne, was not immediately returned.

Stengel says Stinson is expected to appear at an arraignment Monday in Louisville.

dont know the facts but this could have some huge repercussions in the sports world. discuss

dont know the facts but this could have some huge repercussions in the sports world. discuss

Riminds me of the Grisham novel "Bleachers" when coach Rake ran the boys incessantly and one finally took to the heat...and died. I would agree with this indictment if the coach denied the players rest or water....but absent that, I would think shiat happens and lets move on.