[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer help

darin3

I was using MSN Messenger to contact someone for work, but no longer doing that work so I want to yank it.

I go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and click "Change/Remove" after highlighting the program, but no dialog box appears. I remember some issues when downloading the program, so maybe the uninstall portion of the program didn't load right?

Little help? :wacko:

TIA

I was using MSN Messenger to contact someone for work, but no longer doing that work so I want to yank it.

I go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and click "Change/Remove" after highlighting the program, but no dialog box appears. I remember some issues when downloading the program, so maybe the uninstall portion of the program didn't load right?

Little help? :wacko:

TIA

This link looks solid:

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=288

:wacko: Hmm... that did something. :D

It's apparently called "Windows Live Essentials", of which Windows Live Messenger is a part of. Still on my programs :D

Do you want/need Widows Messenger? If not:

Double Click "My Computer", then click "Add or remove programs", then click "Add or remove Windows components", then un-click "Windows Messenger". That should do it, as it worked for me awhile back. Let me know....

Do you want/need Widows Messenger? If not:

Double Click "My Computer", then click "Add or remove programs", then click "Add or remove Windows components", then un-click "Windows Messenger". That should do it, as it worked for me awhile back. Let me know....

I'm trying to get the entire crappy suite off my computer. It's called "Windows Live Essentials", which includes Windows Live Messenger and a few other lame things.

I downloaded a program called Handy Uninstaller from CNet, which was supposed to fix it, according to some boards I read, and it still isn't doin it. :wacko:

Snarf. I got it. Bassturd!

Went here:

http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/...!1271.entry

And did this:

Windows Live Essentials Installer

Download Installer – WLXSuite.msi

The installer setup and UI for the Windows Live Installer

To uninstall Windows Live Installer, click Start, then Run if using XP, then type/paste the following and press Enter:

msiexec /x {D9D754A1-EAC5-406C-A28B-C49B1E846711}

Ugh!

OMG WTPHug? It's now not on my Add/Remove Programs list.... but it's still active on my computer. This sucks. Gonna try a restore.

That's just great. For some reason my System Restore function was turned off. I never did that. This is ridiculous. I need an MacBook.

Well whatever, I downloaded a program called Add/Remove-Plus and it was able to zap the junk off my computer. A few components show up on my list on Add/Remove Programs, but I think it's just registry entries. The program(s) appear to be gone.

God I hate Microsloth.

Edited by darin3