[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just a reminder

Jimmy Neutron

I know the republicans are trying to score with this talking point, but waiting until after the weekend to have the signing ceremony isn't a big deal to me. everybody has always known he is going to sign it, I doubt there's much of anything that could have been done over the weekend as far as implementation. however, congress definitely should have deliberated on this a little more. so what if they had a f*cking recess scheduled, is that recess really more important than breaking every promise you made as far transparency in the legislative process, time for deliberation and public review, etc.? of course, one gets the feeling the real reason they rammed it through so quickly is that they knew the longer this piece of crap bill was exposed to the sunlight, the less support it would have, and passage would be in jeopardy.

I never had any doubt that Obama was going to sign this piece of crap. My point is why rush it to the point that the majority of the people voting on the thing have no idea what has been added or what has been taken out. Why not allow the 48 hours they originally said there was going to be so that the American public could at least call their senators and reps if they disagree with it.

I never had any doubt that Obama was going to sign this piece of crap. My point is why rush it to the point that the majority of the people voting on the thing have no idea what has been added or what has been taken out. Why not allow the 48 hours they originally said there was going to be so that the American public could at least call their senators and reps if they disagree with it.

I think it's pretty clear I agree with you there. but once they got it through the senate, I don't see much point in worrying about whether he signed it 5 minutes after it passed or waited to have the ceremony after the weekend. I will say though, it lacks a certain gravitas to fly halfway across the country for a big pompous signing ceremony. like hey, we just handed an additional $20,000 in debt to every one of our kids and grandkids -- :highfive: