[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints release RB Deuce McAllister

myhousekey

Realize that conventional thinking says that it takes almost 2 years to fully recover from ACL surgery. Deuce went under the knife for his second surgery in 2007, so I look at anything he did last year with a grain of salt. And that being said, he was able to compile 6 TDs and 546 yards of offense in a very part-time role. His stats would have been even better had it not been for the meteoric rise of PT, which I feel was what ultimately led to his release this week.

I would expect, at just 29 and another year of recovery behind him (sans the recent procedure to clean out the knee from leftover scar issue/particles), that he could adequately serve as a change of pace/short-yardage back for a team with that need. He had 107 carries this year for a 3.9 average. That's just over 6 carries a game, mostly in short-yardage scenarios (which obviously hurt his average). that's all that would be asked of him in Philly's offense....and his leadership qualities would be a benefit all of their own.

I can't imagine NO wanted to pay him what he'd require, or needed to keep him with the emergence of PT...but, IMO, he can definitely help another team in a role similar to the one he most-recently had.

I forgot I am speaking with the all knowing Swammi here. ok let's break this down real simple like. ACL surgery and Micro fracture surgey are two different animals so had micro on top of ACL. then add the surgery he had 4 weeks ago on the same knee, which was a secret until the other day. He even admitted he could not pass a physical right now. then add on that his knee is responding more slowly this time than anticipated and a lot more sore than previous surgeries. He is 30 now soon to be 31.

The meteoric rise of PT was because Duece could not play because his knees were too sore. His 6 td's were because they used him on the goal line so he could set the all time Saint record, even if it took him 3 tries from the 2.

Also Stecker is a gone pecan, unless they totally ignore the RB spot in the draft and FA.

Duece might be a decent goal line back for someone, but I wouldn't count on him lasting a full year without missing 6-10 games. It's the knees not the heart.

I forgot I am speaking with the all knowing Swammi here. ok let's break this down real simple like. ACL surgery and Micro fracture surgey are two different animals so had micro on top of ACL. then add the surgery he had 4 weeks ago on the same knee, which was a secret until the other day. He even admitted he could not pass a physical right now. then add on that his knee is responding more slowly this time than anticipated and a lot more sore than previous surgeries. He is 30 now soon to be 31.

The meteoric rise of PT was because Duece could not play because his knees were too sore. His 6 td's were because they used him on the goal line so he could set the all time Saint record, even if it took him 3 tries from the 2.

Also Stecker is a gone pecan, unless they totally ignore the RB spot in the draft and FA.

Deuce might be a decent goal line back for someone, but I wouldn't count on him lasting a full year without missing 6-10 games. It's the knees not the heart.

I was working today and didn't have time to break it down this way but you are spot on Slayer! I would be willing to bet that at least 75% of NFL running backs would have shut it down last season if they were as badly hurt as Deuce was all season.

Getting the TD record was bigger to the fans than I think it was to him. This is only my opinion but I got the feeling what he did last season was way more about all of us who have supported him over the years than it was about a record for him.

I would love to see Deuce get back to something that resembles his old form no matter where he winds up. That said I am looking forward to seeing him back on the Saints sidelines in a coaching capacity far more so.