[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

High Yield Savings

AtomicCEO

Update:

Shorebank is paying their interest out.

But their website is seriously ghetto. I opened my account, then for some reason I had to apply for online access through a clunky form. After I had access, I had to apply for their "payments and transfers" online module through another clunky form. It's very odd that I've had to do three applications for one online savings account.

But, I can't argue with the dough.

So, in other words you're happy with Shorebank and moreso than ING?

Since then, we put it in Capital One at around 2.75%. That might have slipped a bit since we started

I had a glossy flyer in my recent Cap One statement - online savings account, 2.75%!!

On the top of the statement itself there was one of those irritating attached thingys - online savings account, 2.64%!!

So I went to the Cap One web site and there it was - online savings account, 2.02%!!

Slipped 0.11% in the same statement and .62% between mailing and me opening it. :wacko:

I'm not sinking much into traditional savings accounts right now. We're stocking up on commodities right now we think will be more expensive in the near future.

Recent news about the FDIC insolvency is just another reason to find other uses for cash. Yes, the FDIC will simply be another recipient of a bailout - I still don't think it's a good idea to put more cash into banks right now. :wacko:

+1 billion