[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fantasy hockey starting goalie

Roustabout

The 3 start minimum was a little rough last week wasn't it DGF. I had to make some weird moves that I didn't want to make just to make sure I got 3 starts. I'm not aware of any site that gives starting goalies. I've tried local paper sites, radio sites, etc. with no luck.

That seems to be the holy grail of fantasy hockey. I did what Frazia suggested and grabbed both Lightning goalies. My problem comes when Dwayne Roloson has a game as well and I want to start him and one of the TB goalies. Then I'm right back where I started. I have found that the Tampa newspaper sometimes puts the expected starter in their game previews, but not always. The other way I've done it is hit the Lightning bulletin boards on the Tampa newspaper site and, at times, someone will post who the starter is.

If anyone has a better way, I'd love to know!

Brewer:

The 3 start minimum was a little rough last week wasn't it DGF.  I had to make some weird moves that I didn't want to make just to make sure I got 3 starts.  I'm not aware of any site that gives starting goalies.  I've tried local paper sites, radio sites, etc. with no luck.

yeah it was nuts. loco You picked up Kidd.... then didn't need him cuz Conklin got you the UN-expected start.... it's crazy.

I got the merry-go-round go'in this week too with Esche be'in down. I pick up Hackett..... then he RETIRES wall_bas ..... now have Niittymaki & picked up Numminen off the scrap pile.

And now Philly trades for Burke !!! angry

the way Niittymaki is play'in he still may get some starts though..... 4-1 win again tonight ! head_ban

RWings:

That seems to be the holy grail of fantasy hockey.  I did what Frazia suggested and grabbed both Lightning goalies.  My problem comes when Dwayne Roloson has a game as well and I want to start him and one of the TB goalies.  Then I'm right back where I started.  I have found that the Tampa newspaper sometimes puts the expected starter in their game previews, but not always.  The other way I've done it is hit the Lightning bulletin boards on the Tampa newspaper site and, at times, someone will post who the starter is. 

If anyone has a better way, I'd love to know!

.... with Kiprusoff on board it makes your decisions a little easier. wink

He looked sharp tonight.... just gave up the 2 to Kovalchuk.... but what goalie doesn't ? shrug .. that boy is a grade-A sniper. smash

Yeah, I'm diggin' the Kipper's first game back! The Thrashers have been in such a tailspin (and I've got plenty of them!) that I was banking on the W and I wasn't disappointed.

Have fun with Pasi, Frazia, he can go on a good run every now and then, but he can get lit up as well. With Heatley back they should start to right the ship, but who knows?

RWings:

Yeah, I'm diggin' the Kipper's first game back!  The Thrashers have been in such a tailspin (and I've got plenty of them!) that I was banking on the W and I wasn't disappointed.

Have fun with Pasi, Frazia, he can go on a good run every now and then, but he can get lit up as well.  With Heatley back they should start to right the ship, but who knows?

I'm gonna use him only when I need him.... in fact he may sit tonight. Theodore is the man for me & Niittymaki delivered the goods head_ban .... last night again. thumbs_u Burke will get the majority of the starts coming up but they can't totally ignore Niittymaki with the numbers he's posted so far. Gotta ride those hot goalies when you can..... I actually hope burke get's f*ck'in lit up in his first few starts. brow

Roustabout:

right on, thanks -- I had a feeling I was SOL

maybe as you get to know the game better you get better at guessing when the backups will play

or just draft goalies like you draft RBs so you don't have to deal with backups

Well, I have the hockey package, and if I'm not mistaken, you can basically change your goalie right up to the start of the game, so I could check the game in question before the opening face of to see who starts and then make the adjustment. But other than that, I see no other options either.