[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ticketmaster tips and tricks

AtomicCEO

Call a ticketmaster that is not in your local market about 10 minutes before the tickets go on sale. Pick out two or three events that you have no intention of buying (Celtics, Neil Diamond, etc...) and ask about availability. Keep the girl on the line as long as possible and then at 9:59 tell her the truth about what you really need. I have done this 20 times and never once has an operator been upset. They work hourly and if she wasn't talking to you, she would be on the phone with someone else so it's not like you are putting her out anyway. Most will say, "OK those go on sale in 35 seconds" and voila. The instant the clock hits 10:00, they find you tickets.

Bingo...has worked for me many many times.

Call a ticketmaster that is not in your local market about 10 minutes before the tickets go on sale. Pick out two or three events that you have no intention of buying (Celtics, Neil Diamond, etc...) and ask about availability. Keep the girl on the line as long as possible and then at 9:59 tell her the truth about what you really need. I have done this 20 times and never once has an operator been upset. They work hourly and if she wasn't talking to you, she would be on the phone with someone else so it's not like you are putting her out anyway. Most will say, "OK those go on sale in 35 seconds" and voila. The instant the clock hits 10:00, they find you tickets.

When's the last time you tried this? I used to do this back in the 90s but I'm not sure this works anymore.

When's the last time you tried this? I used to do this back in the 90s but I'm not sure this works anymore.

The phone systems are all automated now. It was more of a waste of time than the internet. My wife couldn't even get through to the right concert until 3 minutes after it sold out.

Nobody that I know got a single ticket.

Last year I got Buffett tickets using this method. I tried to help out Atomic for this run and every ticketmaster phone number I tried was busy at 1:55. Apparently with all the crunchy granolas in Colorado, the show had no chance. Sold out in 5 minutes all 4 days.