[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

100 greatest indie-rock albums

Azazello1313

Nice to see a little love for one of my favorite bands, Camper Van.

And they give it to II & III, which fits the criteria, even if the major label releases of 'Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart' and 'Key Lime Pie' are actually better records.

And they give it to II & III, which fits the criteria, even if the major label releases of 'Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart' and 'Key Lime Pie' are actually better records.

My personal favorite is Telephone Free Landslide Victory, and if you haven't heard New Roman Times, which they put out a few years ago, you need to. When I saw them 20 years ago, they were good. When I saw them 3 years ago, they were the tightest band I had ever heard play together.

Well, you do acknowledge your blasphemy, so I guess that gets you off the hook.

Probably the same issue I have with Zen Arcade - I got all the 1 minute "loud fast rules" punk stuff out of my system, so now I prefer bands that have a little more "typical" songwriting. Which in the case of Husker Du and the Minutemen, means "major label releases" and fIREHOSE.

My personal favorite is Telephone Free Landslide Victory, and if you haven't heard New Roman Times, which they put out a few years ago, you need to. When I saw them 20 years ago, they were good. When I saw them 3 years ago, they were the tightest band I had ever heard play together.

I'm very on top of the Camper tip. I've seen them several times since the reunion. And New Roman Times is a pretty good record. :wacko:

Probably the same issue I have with Zen Arcade - I got all the 1 minute "loud fast rules" punk stuff out of my system, so now I prefer bands that have a little more "typical" songwriting. Which in the case of Husker Du and the Minutemen, means "major label releases" Grant Hart songs and fIREHOSE Ed Crawford songs.

fIXED.

fIXED.

eh, with husker du it probably means bob mould's later solo stuff and sugar. but husker du had two GREAT songwriters IMO, and that showed both before and after the band broke up. nova mob's "last days of pompeii" is one of the most underrated rock albums ever, and I have to admit I like almost everything mould ever did.

I'll have to go back and listen to some CVB again, but I remember liking the first two cracker albums better than anything I had ever heard from them.

I'll have to go back and listen to some CVB again, but I remember liking the first two cracker albums better than anything I had ever heard from them.

I feel the same way about crackers first 2 albums, some very good stuff right there