[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deadly Rampage

loaf

Oh great, three more cops shot to go with the four killed in Oakland. :D

I still have not read the details about the Oakland killings. I remain very curious as to why some thug was able to kill SWAT officers (not the initial patrol officers.) It's very unusual. They usually hit suspects with a flash bang to incapacitate them before going in.

Hopfully, the officers in Pittsburgh will survive. :wacko:

I still have not read the details about the Oakland killings. I remain very curious as to why some thug was able to kill SWAT officers (not the initial patrol officers.) It's very unusual. They usually hit suspects with a flash bang to incapacitate them before going in.

Hopfully, the officers in Pittsburgh will survive. :wacko:

First two were shot at a traffic stop, when policemen are always vulnerable. Second two were shot by an "assault rifle" the guy had stashed away at the place he fled to. I'm guessing the second weapon came as a surprise and was able to penetrate standard SWAT armor.

Details on the Pittsburgh shooting are changing by the minute. Right now it sounds like at least five cops were hit and two are dead with a third being said to be dead but not confirmed.

What a small world this is. I was just away in South Carolina golfing and one of the guys with us is a very good friend of the shooter. Two of the guys with us are cops that responed via the swat team. No one outside of the police know for sure who was killed at this point and that includes other police that I am friends with that are trying to find out.

I pray for these guys and their families.

I think DMD posted in the last thread about slayings about how it's just gonna get worse as more and more are laid off. 2 different shootings with close to 20 dead. Ridiculous

The fundamental problem is, and always will be, that the difference between you, "a law abiding gun owner" and the lunatic on a shooting spree is just one really bad day. You might get a gun to protect yourself, but that does nothing to protect me against you. So now I have to get a gun. Further assuming that *everyone* is walking around with guns these situations become more likely, not less likely. We obtain the hope and promise of greater personal safety at the cost of making society at large ever more dangerous. And there's something really depressing about that.

And there it is in a nutshell.

er many of these people aren't criminals and sorry but that's BS. Make it harder to get guns, fewer people will have them. Not everyone is the Godfather.

like-? Do you seriously think a knife remotely as easy to attack/kill someone with or anywhere near as effective of a weapon? Or do you foresee people buying rocket launchers on the black market if they can't get guns or something?

Yeah cuz lunatics are known for being logical.

:wacko:

i live in a city where handguns are outlawed. there is no crime. and no one is ever killed. its heaven.

There would seem to be something fundamentally contradictory with the solution to out of control gun violence being "more guns." I'm not trying to discourage you from getting your CHL, or anything. Just bemoaning our societal situation in general.

Either way, the crazy guy is still going to get a gun. We've seen what happens when the lunatic has a gun and everyone else in the building is unarmed. If the world was a better place then I wouldn't want a gun... It's not though. At times I have to go into South Dallas/Oak Cliff area, and I assure you, those guys are packing and it's not legal. I agree, our society is a messed up place. I do see where you're coming from though.

Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns. :wacko:

Exactly.

The fundamental problem is, and always will be, that the difference between you, "a law abiding gun owner" and the lunatic on a shooting spree is just one really bad day. You might get a gun to protect yourself, but that does nothing to protect me against you. So now I have to get a gun. Further assuming that *everyone* is walking around with guns these situations become more likely, not less likely. We obtain the hope and promise of greater personal safety at the cost of making society at large ever more dangerous. And there's something really depressing about that.

I don't agree that the difference between a law abiding gun owner and a lunatic is one really bad day... My father and everyone of his friends pack, and none of them have ever pulled there weapon out. Niether has a cousin who also carries. Getting your CHL isn't the easiest thing to get. They check more than just your arrest records, if there are any red flags, you're not getting a license. Lets not confuse these maniacs with CHL owners.

The guy with the AK-47 wasn't licensed to have the weapon, and none of these rampage killings have been from a CHL holding member. These are rifles and automatic machine guns that have nothing to do with a CHL.

You're entitled to your opinion about not having guns, but we've seen the consequence of not having one. I hope that no one else gets into a situation like what happened in New York, but I do know that I'll at least have a fighting chance against a madman, isntead of being completely at his mercy. It's just not a chance I'm willing to take.