[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harry Kallas passes away

keggerz

He will always be my favorite baseball announcer...I couldnt tell you how many times I tryed to copy his signature call "LONG DRIVE DEEP TO LEFT FIELD THAT BABYS OUTTTTTTTTTTA HERE" around the house or right before the game was comming on while I was at work...He will be missed, listening to phillies games this year will not be the same without HK making the big calls in the broadcast booth.

RIP HARRY KALAS...you will not be forgotten.

In between innings of today's game, they noted:

He called EVERY ONE of Steve Carlton's 329 wins.

Amazing longevity.

not sure that is correct...carlton had like 70ish wins from 66-71 with STL not to mention the handful of wins he had after leaving Philly in 86

but anyway you cut it Harry did have amazing longevity, and an amazing career

I was logging onto my facebook and saw that there was a discussion board of : Favorite Harry K. call. It made me think of my favorite.

"chase utley your are the man" I remember watching the game when he made that call....it was awesome. Utley scored from 2nd on a ground ball. The way he said it in that "voice" it was like it was your best friend making the call right next to you....

This is why Harry K was the man.....

I had the blessing of doing an interview with him for school. I wrote to half the organizations in baseball and the only person that responded was Harry Kalas. My broadcast partner and i had the chance to talk to him for over 20 minutes. It was last year the day before the phils were in Colorado and helped with the tarp that was blowing around the field. I will never forget the fact that he was willing to give me his cell phone number to call him. He was a great man and will be missed...