[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The yard sale has begun in NY

Down Goes Frazia

Down Goes Frazia:

Brian Leetch to Toronto.   eek!    17 years a Ranger is over. Gotta be a bummer for Ranger fans   :D  .... he's been the heart & soul of that hockey club for as long as I can remember. Who's next Kovalev.... Jagr again ??

Hey H-1....... nice night by Rafalski & Richards last night.   angry  

Nedved and Kovalev are gone as well. Nedved blows (went to the Oilers), and the Canadians will not like Kovalev imo. Leetch leaving is huge, but it's good for him to go to a team that's making a run, the guy deserves it imo. The Leafs are going to be a real bear in the East.

Yeah, Rafalski and Richards had good nights, but the rest of my team sucks. W_T_F happened to Turek? :mad:

Down Goes Frazia:

I see Markkanen went too.

Surprising, especially since Blackburn has pretty much sucked. They did get Valiquette in the Markkanen deal, and here are his '03-'04 numbers:

2003-2004 Oilers 1 game 13 minutes 2 goals 8.57 goals against. eek!

AS a Devils fan, I have mixed feelings about the tag sale going on in the Garden. On one hand, I hate to see them break up a team that has consistently underperformed. Watching them over the past 7 years has been quite nice. On the other hand, with the potential that they had, you felt that they could bury your team at any time. Seeing them in the rebuilding mode may not be so bad. I was kind of hoping that Leetch would go to the Devils, but there was really no way that was going to occur. We still need help on D, and March 9th is coming up quick.

As for the Puddle, I went from the final playoff spot in the top bracket to possibly not even getting a bye in the lower one in the span of one week. Ouch!

Originally posted by Brewer:

As for the Puddle, I went from the final playoff spot in the top bracket to possibly not even getting a bye in the lower one in the span of one week. Ouch!

I feel yer pain brutha. that league is so d*mn competitive.... week in week out there's so many changes in the standings. Went from 2nd. to 7th. a few weeks back in the blink of an eye.

HUGH race right now for that final playoff spot.... and some people absolutely WENT OFF last night.

Brewer:

On one hand, I hate to see them break up a team that has consistently underperformed.  Watching them over the past 7 years has been quite nice.

I could not agree more. I'm a Pens fan living in NY and hate the Rangers almost as much as I love the Penguins.

Brewer:

On the other hand, with the potential that they had, you felt that they could bury your team at any time.

Totally disagree. They completely sucked over the past 7 years, regardless of personnel. They played like what they were: a bunch of over-priced, over-rated individuals.

Brewer:

I was kind of hoping that Leetch would go to the Devils, but there was really no way that was going to occur.  We still need help on D, and March 9th is coming up quick.

Everyone in the East can't be happy that Kovalev and Leetch stayed in the East. As much as I hate the Rangers, Brian Leetch is a STUD. He will improve an already strong Maple Leaf team immediately. The Leafs are going to be real tough to beat IMO.

And by the way, lol at you thinking he might go to the Devils. When has Lou Lamoriello ever spent any money on anyone? lol

HUGH ONE.

[And by the way,    lol   at you thinking he might go to the Devils. When has Lou Lamoriello ever spent any money on anyone?   lol  [/QB]

I said that I was "hoping" that he would go to the Devils, BUT there was really NO way that was going to happen.

As a fan, I know that the only place Lou has spent money is Brodeur. Very frustrating, but that's the way he operates. A fan can hope that players on the block will end up on their team, even if they know that it is very unlikely.

And yes, I agree that this makes an already tough Leafs team that much better. frown

As a Devils fan with an apparent different perspective, I'd have been very upset if Leetch came to NJ. I've hated him for years, he and Richter, for being Rangers, plus the 1998 Olympic debacle... they were the reason I was rooting for Canada in 2002, glad they won. The Devils do it right. I'm not sure how all the time, but they do. The Devils need defenseman that play defense. For as many points as Leetch has put up, it appears he's let in just as many, look at those recent +/- numbers. The Leafs can have him, looking forward to him getting caught up ice, leading to many 2 on 1's the other way.