[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divorce Attorney

theeohiostate

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife informed me 3 months ago that she wanted a divorce. We sat down and agreed how we would split the property and money. She wanted to be the one to move because our house sits on family property that my parents own and since she already had a new man she said she wouldnt feel right living here. Well, she hasnt been able to get the home she wanted and now wants me to move out. And the division of money and property that we agreed on are now not enough for her (and I was gonna that the lesser amout by far in the first place to make this thing go smoothly), today she told me that I needed to get those numbers we agreed on out of my head.

So let's see...I've been at home for the last two years taking care of our kids while shes out screwing some other guy. She wants the divorce even though I practicly begged her to go to counseling for the sake of our kids. And now even though I was going to basically give her a 65-35% split on money and property, thats not enough now.

I have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow at 10 am.

I'm glad you finally posted your situation Ronnie. The help I've seen from one Huddler to another is pretty dang awesome and we can all use some help sometime. Can you prove her unfaithfulness? I would think that would be worth something in the proceedings.

Ended up going to 2 attorneys today. The first was trying to let my wife know she should be asking for far more then we agreed on. The 2nd is supporting our agreement to have us handle the dissolution.

I think my wife is being very cool with me on support and alimony. Both lawyers said, I should be paying 1500-2000 per month for 30 months in alimonty alone, while we worked out $1000/month for 12 months among ourselves. My fear is she'll start consulting friends and family and take me to the cleaners, which would result in financial and credit destruction for me.

Edited by theeohiostate

Ended up going to 2 attorneys today. The first was trying to let my wife know she should be asking for far more then we agreed on. The 2nd is supporting our agreement to have us handle the dissolution.

I think my wife is being very cool with me on support and alimony. Both lawyers said, I should be paying 1500-2000 per month for 30 months in alimonty alone, while we worked out $1000/month for 12 months among ourselves. My fear is she'll start consulting friends and family and take me to the cleaners, which would result in financial and credit destruction for me.

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Here's hoping that the decision remains between the two of you.

I am so sorry to hear about this TOS. There appears to be a lot of good advice in this thread.

As an individual who sees a lot of unhappy parents, divorced, divorcing and single parents, the most important focus should be on your son. It sounds as if at this point both you and your wife want the best for him and that's a great sign in a tough time. It could be a lot more difficult as some others here have talked about.