[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Baseball Question

MrYuk

Gentlemen,

Please Help.

I have been playing fantasy baseball for about 10 years now. (about the same as Football)

Every year I have played there has been new additions to how we do the scoring. Such as WHIP, Head 2 Head etc.. However we have always followed a standard 4X4 or 5X5 scoring system. (Standard in any Yahoo or ESPN public league)

Recently at work I was invited to a New League, which is kind of exclusive and I would really like to make a name for myself in this league.

However, the scoring they use is Totally different than what I am used to.

Rather than tallying your ERA for the week, and the winner getting that 1 point (in head to head) or just tallying it to last weeks ERA score (roto) they do not Count ERA whatsoever.

This is how they are doing their Scoring ...

Batting - - - - - - - - - - -

Single = 1 Point

Double = 2 Points

Triple = 3 Points

Walk = 1 Point

Steal = 1 Point

Caught Stealing = -1 Point

Hit for Cycle = 20 Points

Home Run = 4 Points

Strike Out = -1 Points

RBI = 1 Points

Pitching - - - - - - - - - -

Walk Issued = -1 Points

Blown Save = -2 Points

Earned Run = -1 Points

INN pitched = .5 Points

Strikeout = 1 Point

Loss = -5 Points

No Hitter = 25 Points

Perfect Game = 50 Points

Save = 5 Points

Shutout = 10 Points

Wins = 10 Points

I guess I didn’t have to list ALL of the scoring, but I did.

I guess my question is... Does anyone have any type of Cheat Sheet for this type of Scoring System? Or maybe a website that address's this type of scoring. Or does anyone have one of those Excel Programs that would allow me to enter my scoring system and print out a valid Draft List. I have a feeling Hitters are more valuable than pitchers but cant really grasp exactly how this is going to play out.

Please Help. Me doing well in this league is kinda important. So any help is valuable.

Thanks,

Mr. Yuk

MrYuk:

Gentlemen,

Please Help.

I have been playing fantasy baseball for about 10 years now. (about the same as Football)

Every year I have played there has been new additions to how we do the scoring. Such as WHIP, Head 2 Head etc..  However we have always followed a standard 4X4 or 5X5 scoring system. (Standard in any Yahoo or ESPN public league)

Recently at work I was invited to a New League, which is kind of exclusive and I would really like to make a name for myself in this league.

However, the scoring they use is Totally different than what I am used to.

Rather than tallying your ERA for the week, and the winner getting that 1 point (in head to head) or just tallying it to last weeks ERA score (roto) they do not Count ERA whatsoever.

This is how they are doing their Scoring ...

Batting - - - - - - - - - - -

Single = 1 Point

Double = 2 Points

Triple = 3 Points

Walk = 1 Point

Steal = 1 Point

Caught Stealing = -1 Point

Hit for Cycle = 20 Points

Home Run = 4 Points

Strike Out = -1 Points

RBI = 1 Points

Pitching - - - - - - - - - -

Walk Issued = -1 Points

Blown Save  = -2 Points

Earned Run = -1 Points

INN pitched = .5 Points

Strikeout = 1 Point

Loss = -5 Points

No Hitter = 25 Points

Perfect Game = 50 Points

Save = 5 Points

Shutout = 10 Points

Wins = 10 Points

I guess I didn’t have to list ALL of the scoring, but I did.

I guess my question is... Does anyone have any type of Cheat Sheet for this type of Scoring System? Or maybe a website that address's this type of scoring. Or does anyone have one of those Excel Programs that would allow me to enter my scoring system and print out a valid Draft List. I have a feeling Hitters are more valuable than pitchers but cant really grasp exactly how this is going to play out.

Please Help. Me doing well in this league is kinda important. So any help is valuable.

Thanks,

Mr. Yuk

Im in a league like this- my money league. Im also in a yahoo Huddle league and an ESPN keeper league. My advice to you is just to prepare like you would your other leagues. Focus on slugging percentage instead of BA and focus on wins, Ks and Saves. If you can find a cheatsheet like that you're good to go. You could also use the ESPN player rater using the sabermetrics system. That's what I did last year and will try to do again this year. thumbs_u