[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heading to Houston

McBoog

Well, we ended writing a contract on a house yesterday in Spring, right bumped up to The Woodlands on the East side of I45. About 20-30 min commute from my office.

I am having reverse sticker shock. I still keep asking if the house was built on an Indian burial ground or something. :wacko: Great community with all the fixins, plus gated with a 24-hour uniformed guard. Conroe ISD, a great school system. 3,800 sq feet, 5 BR, 3 car garage and a media room just screaming for a couple of fatheads :D

We have spent the week in Montgomery, right on Lake Conroe. We used a banked week of a time share to stay here and save some cash on the house hunting trip. We both already feel very comfortable with the area. Much more familiar feeling than the ultra plastic, self-entitled environment of DC. Folks are A LOT friendlier here. I have noticed that everyone thinks that I45 is an audition course for NASCAR. Man, that will take some getting used to so I don't piss everyone off (which I have done a few times driving like gandpa with my family in the car).

I keep hearing about the traffic, but from what we have seen, even braving a rush hour, it is not any worse than DC, LA or San Diego.

Back to DC to pack and will be back here in middle of Aug. :D

Nice area. My wife's friend's Mom is high up in the Conroe ISD so let me know if you have any issues there.

Houston traffic does suck, but it's nothing next to LA/San Diego traffic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic