[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft strategy

rush00756

10 team league. 4 pts passing td, 6 for rec. and rushing. 0.5 for receptions. 1 QB. 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving. 1 pt for 20 yards passing

2 huddle guys in the league and they have finished 1st or 2nd last three years. So I decided if you can't beat'em, join'em.

Are there any drafting tips I can get for this format, especially with my core picks, first five? Or just focus on best available?

Last 2 years in both my leagues, I followed the simple formula WR,WR,RB,RB IF you are picking 7-10. And in both leagues I made it to the super bowl. To bad I didn't win but I made it.

I'm assuming the 2 FLEX positions allow RB and WR?

For the first five rounds, I'd get two WRs in the first three rounds, then 2 more RBs. If you're drafting in the 10-spot, I'd go WR, WR, RB, RB, RB.

Yes, flex is RB/WR. If I draft in the 9- 10 spot, I did think about going WR/WR. And I was leaning to getting 2 WR's in the first three rounds. Coming from you, this strengthens my decisions to go that way

Thanks for the response.

I'm assuming the 2 FLEX positions allow RB and WR?

For the first five rounds, I'd get two WRs in the first three rounds, then 2 more RBs. If you're drafting in the 10-spot, I'd go WR, WR, RB, RB, RB.

Last 2 years in both my leagues, I followed the simple formula WR,WR,RB,RB IF you are picking 7-10. And in both leagues I made it to the super bowl. To bad I didn't win but I made it.

I wouldn't blindly go WR-WR with a late pick, but it is a good base strategy, especially in 10-team PPR with only 1 required RB. And, with only 1 required RB, I wouldn't necessarily grab 2-3 RBs in a row in the 3rd-5th rounds if I did go WR-WR with my first two picks, as you may well find that the WR options available are likely to be outscoring your RB options available.

Thanks!

But I think I need to give props to RJV since I think he suggested that to me last year?

I know I recommended this strategy to several ppl here and backed it up with statistics. Now I am by no means a know it all guy but if something I toyed around with and it works, I am more than happy to share my success with all of you.

This is a strategy in a 10 team lean, I forgot to mention.

Think of it this way, if you are picking at 9,which I am doing again this year, by picking wr 1st you will grab AJ, Jennings, Moss or a slight chance Fitz. Then grabbing another top 4 wr for your 2nd pic will benefit you greatly.

Ppl grabbing RBs at the 8-10 spot, won't benefit as much as the WRs will get you. After the 1st 4 or even 5 RBs off the board there is a considerable drop off from points per game they get you. RBs taken in the 3rd round and 4th consist of Bush, P.Thomas, McFadden, Grant, Stewart, Ronnie Brown and many more that I would glady have on my roster.

Edited by RJV

I know I recommended this strategy to several ppl here and backed it up with statistics. Now I am by no means a know it all guy but if something I toyed around with and it works, I am more than happy to share my success with all of you.

This is a strategy in a 10 team lean, I forgot to mention.

Think of it this way, if you are picking at 9,which I am doing again this year, by picking wr 1st you will grab AJ, Jennings, Moss or a slight chance Fitz. Then grabbing another top 4 wr for your 2nd pic will benefit you greatly.

Ppl grabbing RBs at the 8-10 spot, won't benefit as much as the WRs will get you. After the 1st 4 or even 5 RBs off the board there is a considerable drop off from points per game they get you. RBs taken in the 3rd round and 4th consist of Bush, P.Thomas, McFadden, Grant, Stewart, Ronnie Brown and many more that I would glady have on my roster.

Thanks for passing the info along. I'm not going blindly in WR/WR, but if their are on second tier backs left, I going to lean that way.