[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting assistance please

CG1

12 man performance. 1/10 run/catch 1/25 toss, 6 pt TD’s, 1 pt. reception

Starting:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 WR/TE/RB

1 Kick

1 team D

Keepers: Steve Slaton & Antonio Gates

I pick #4.

I am assuming the first three picks (in order) are:

AP

MD-J

Forte

Available to me *should* be:

Turner

Fitz

Jackson

(Chris Johnson, Andre Johnso, DeAngelo Williams are other peoples keepers)

I think there is more value in taking the best RB available and going WR on the way back down (I am guessing Colston). So I am leaning towards Turner…any thoughts?

At #4 you have a great choice of RB for PPR. You 1st choice should be one of the 3 you mentioned IF one of them fall to you, if you aren't fortunate to do so, grab either Turner, Gore, or S Jax. You don't need to grab a WR in the 1st round since your #4 pick, if you were 9-12 then WR is needed.

On your way back in the 2nd grab Bouldin, Jennings, or Steve Smith IMO. I don't like the situation in NO for the WRs because of the abundance of balls being thrown around by Drew B. that there are more tempting talent on the draft board other than Colston.

Edited by RJV

At #4 you have a great choice of RB for PPR. You 1st choice should be one of the 3 you mentioned IF one of them fall to you, if you aren't fortunate to do so, grab either Turner, Gore, or S Jax. You don't need to grab a WR in the 1st round since your #4 pick, if you were 9-12 then WR is needed.

On your way back in the 2nd grab Bouldin, Jennings, or Steve Smith IMO. I don't like the situation in NO for the WRs because of the abundance of balls being thrown around by Drew B. that there are more tempting talent on the draft board other than Colston.

Thanks, you confirmed my thoughts. You never know what the chuckleheads in front of you will take. I'll stick to my RB/WR/RB - unless someone shakes up the draft. But I might be tempted to take Brees with my #3 if he is still available - I don't usually draft a QB that high, but I see him going quick in many mocks. What would you think about taking the best available back, best WR followed by Brees for my 3rd pick ?

Of course by the time the 4th came my way there would be no more RB's that I could rely on for my flex position and I would really need to find some gold in deeper WR or TE.

You could grab Brees but IMO after the top 3 QBs go, the next 10 will still get you ave. 25 points a week. I never gone with taking a QB any earlier than 4th round in a 12 team and 6th in a 10 teamer. You need to focus on your depth at RB and WR. Especially for you being a PPR league. You could grab a McNabb, Schaub, etc. Later easily.

In the 3rd, I agree with you, grab a RB then go WR,WR for the next 2 picks. TEs aren't a huge factor unless your going after the top 3. Stock up on WRs after you get you starting RBs then its a free for all, especially in a 12 teamer. You could find a diamond in the rough.

Just curious what other keeper options you had in lieu of Gates?

RB options are still very strong, so I would likely lean that way in the first, then focus on WR.

QBs can be found later unless one of the big 3 (Brady/Manning/Brees) falls to you in the 3rd (possibly 2nd if you feel the WRs available are strong enough to warrant passing on one in the 2nd and taking the best left in the 3rd)

Just curious what other keeper options you had in lieu of Gates?

RB options are still very strong, so I would likely lean that way in the first, then focus on WR.

QBs can be found later unless one of the big 3 (Brady/Manning/Brees) falls to you in the 3rd (possibly 2nd if you feel the WRs available are strong enough to warrant passing on one in the 2nd and taking the best left in the 3rd)

I have several better people over Gates - but in our league you have two keepers and can only swap out one per year for a player you drafted in round 5 or higher the previous year. In my case I am dropping Romo for Slaton and keeping Gates -- Slaton is a no brainer, so the only "real" choice I have is to keep Romo or Gates.

I started a new mock last night at 1.4 I give myself any of the top 5 and I am happy (I wish I had the #1 to trade away - would be valuable this year) in round 2 I see decent WR's available. But I think at 2.9 I think I might snag another back and then 3.4 go WR. The problem I see when I mock is going RB/WR/WR when I go for RB cover in round 4+ there's no starters left and I have bye week cover to think of. But if I mock it as RB/RB/WR I end up with 2 stud RB's and a starting WR, I can still draft decent WR in round 4+.....so I am sort of back to the drawing board :-(

The big issue is Brady/Brees/Manning and if they are available to me at 3.4 pick, I can't see me taking any of them at 2.9. I am not sure how old you folks are....remember that commercial for "pay-day" back in the 80's ? Decisions, decisions......