[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of the Seahawks

j2v

State of the Seahawks  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Jim Mora wants this team to run the ball more. Is there any part of the Seahawks' RBBC that excites you?

• Julius Jones as a legitimate fantasy starter in a 12-team performance league
    • Julius Jones, but only as an RB3 with upside
    • T.J. Duckett in a TD-heavy scoring system
    • Justin Forsett in a PPR league
    • Yawn; there will be no Seahawk backs on my team this year
  2. 2. John Carlson was a top-10 fantasy tight end last year. How about 2009?

• Better than last year's 55-627-5
    • About the same as last year, making him a viable fantasy starter
    • Last year's numbers were due to backup QBs and no WRs; he'll come back to the pack this year

Thanks for the info.

How did Bumpus look?

Honestly, he didn't look a lot different from most of the receivers that were trying to make the team. He looked fine against air, and didn't drop any balls like Kent and Courtney Green, but I don't remember him doing anything at all in the 7 on 7 or team portion. I am assuming that his only real shot to make the team is going to be on special teams, and I think they were going to do special teams in the second practice. I actually don't think he got any reps at all with the first unit. I actually liked Bumpus iin college, so I'm by no means a hater, but Butler, Obomanu and Kent seem to pretty much have the 4-6 WR spots locked up. I'm sure Bumpus still has practice squad eligibility, but realistically, barring injury, his best chance to get on the field this year is probably going to be with another team. I'm going back at least twice next week, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out and give you a more substantiial report on him.

Aaron Curry made his first appearance at Seahawks training camp this afternoon. A packed VMAC cheered and welcomed the rookie linebacker 15 minutes into practice. To make room the Seahawks have released WR Billy McMullen.

Video

Edit to fix link

Edited by Thunder Chicken