[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16 Team League Advice

16 Team League help needed. I haven't done one this size and need some tips....First off, I will post the scoring...personally, I think it favors QB since its 6 points per passing td....which means drafting a good qb is needed. I am fairly sure I have the first pick....so I would have pick1, 31, 32. My thoughts were....AP, WR, QB.....Since this is a money league, I should be able to land an Aaron Rodgers or Romo at the least with my 3rd pick and a overall decent WR with my 2nd pick...If I wait on a QB, it would be a Mcnabb, Schab or Ryan at BEST, with a 63, 64 player pick....Thoughts???

Here is the scoring...NON PPR!!!

IV. SCORING

Passing Yards: 25 yards per point; 3 points at 200 yards; 5 points at 250 yards; 6 points at 300 yards

Passing Touchdowns: 6

Interceptions: -2

Rushing Yards: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards

Rushing Touchdowns: 6

Reception Yards: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards

Reception Touchdowns: 6

Return Touchdowns: 10

2-Point Conversions: 2

Fumbles: -1

Fumbles Lost: -2

Kickers:

- Field Goals 0-19 Yards: 3

- Field Goals 20-29 Yards: 3

- Field Goals 30-39 Yards: 3

- Field Goals 40-49 Yards: 4

- Field Goals 50+ Yards: 5

- Point After Attempt Made: 1

Defense/Special Teams:

- Sack: 2

- Interception: 2

- Fumble Recovery: 2

- Touchdown: 6

- Safety: 3

- Block Kick: 2

- Points Allowed 0 points: 12

- Points Allowed 1-6 points: 6

- Points Allowed 7-13 points: 3

- Points Allowed 28-34 points: -2

- Points Allowed 35+ points: -5

Defensive Players:

- Tackle Solo: 1

- Tackle Assist: 1

- Sack: 3

- Interception: 3

- Fumble Recovery: 2

- Defensive Touchdown: 6

- Safety: 2

players are QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Thanks all!

Not really. Assume one QB throws five TDs more than another, that's only 10 points throughout the season. However, if you wait on a QB, then you really should take two QBs with your 8-9 round picks. Something like Garrard & Edwards. Garrard should have a nice season, but there will be a few games where Edwards will have a better match-up. Just tossing out a rough example. If you take a QB in the 3rd, you should get someone pretty good and I would actually not draft a backup QB, but rather take a flyer on a high-upside RB or WR since it's a 16-team league. You only need a QB for a bye-week anyways since that 3rd round pick should be in your starting line-up every single week other than the bye.

That does make some sense, but also look at the difference in Rodgers and say Garrard....your talking 10 td's, so thats 20 points.....then average yards.....I would guess around 260 for Rodgers and just under 200 for Garrard, so besides the 1.5 td points, you have a difference of 2-3 points PER week for the bonus passing points for 3 points at 200 yards; 5 points at 250 yards; 6 points at 300 yards

PLUS the regular 1 point per 25 yards......so each week it might average, 1.5 for td's 2.5 for bonus and say avg of 50 more passing yards for Rodgers over Garrard for 2 more points....so in this example 6 extra points per week. I just trying to look at the difference between a RB vs QB in the 31st/32 pick vs waiting 63/64......I am hoping someone else has been in 16 team leagues and can help out

The TD being 6 or 4 make little to no difference on QB values. What will help QB value some in this format is that bonus scoring for yardage.

AP is a no brainer. In the 2nd/3rd, it really depends who is there. You are in a 16 team league with a requirement to start 2 RBs and the option to start 3, and no PPR scoring with only a requirement to start 2 WRs.

If there is a decent RB2 option there (meaning pretty much anyone in the top 20), it would be very, very difficult to pass that up. Realize that your 2nd/3rd round picks are the kind of players that would be going in the mid/late 3rd of 12 team leagues. If you pass up the chance for a legit #2 RB there, then you would be hard pressed to find any consistency for the RB2 spot. otherwise you may be forced to start a Leon Washington type back every week, which would be liveable if you got PPR... but you don't.

And if you think a mcNabb/Schaub/Ryan type will realistically be there for your 4/5 turn, then no way I take a QB in the 2/3 turn, I either go RB/WR, or, if the talent has somehow fallen, even consider going RB/RB there.