[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson man among boys

3xcrazy

WR Andre Johnson looks like a man among boys. He snatches the ball like a snake striking its prey; he’s bullying the defenders. It’s pretty to watch. WR Kevin Walter and TE Owen Daniels are impressing but so are back ups WR Andre Davis, WR David Anderson and rookie fifth rounder TE James Casey. Davis is having a great camp as the coaches have labeled him the third starter. WR Jacoby Jones has been teasing everyone with his talent only to disappoint with drops. I think the receivers behind him are catching up. There is a group of talented receivers on this squad trying to take Jacoby Jones’s spot. Let’s see what they do in the preseason games. Receiving could be one of the team strengths.

WR Andre Johnson looks like a man among boys. He snatches the ball like a snake striking its prey; he’s bullying the defenders. It’s pretty to watch. WR Kevin Walter and TE Owen Daniels are impressing but so are back ups WR Andre Davis, WR David Anderson and rookie fifth rounder TE James Casey. Davis is having a great camp as the coaches have labeled him the third starter. WR Jacoby Jones has been teasing everyone with his talent only to disappoint with drops. I think the receivers behind him are catching up. There is a group of talented receivers on this squad trying to take Jacoby Jones’s spot. Let’s see what they do in the preseason games. Receiving could be one of the team strengths.

man it must be cool to be at Texans camp...can you report on how the LBs look and who is playing in the nickel etc...

TIA :wacko:

Sixth round draft pick CB Brice McCain return kick-offs last night. He’s the fastest player on the team. He wowed the crowd on one return with some moves to break open down the sideline. I’ve also watched him in coverage drills going one on one with Andre Johnson on deep routes. McCain was fast enough to outrun Andre, get in front and keep his body between the receiver and the ball. He’s short but tough. The other ‘Andre’, Andre Davis has also staked his claim to return kick-offs. The fight for this job will make the pre-season games worth watching. It’s too early to give much more meaningful information concerning special teams.

The coaches are firing up the defensive players. Saturday morning DE Antoine Smith had to be restrained by fellow linemen when the coach told him he wasn’t showing enough effort; that it was the same lack of effort that costs the Cardinals the Superbowl last February when he failed to make a sack that would have salted away the game for the Cardinals. Smith was hot. The Texans lost starting cornerback CB Jacques Reaves to a fractured fibula for up to eight weeks on a goal line pass while fighting for the ball with one of those hungry receivers. Since the other starting CB Dunta Robinson is out of camp protesting being ‘franchised’ the back up cornerbacks are getting more reps. The Texans are actually developing a deep stable of cornerbacks including third year CB Fred Bennett, second year CB Antwaun Molden and rookies CB Glover Quin and the aforementioned McCain. Veteran Deltha O'Neal was signed last night to add a veteran to this group.

That’s it after the Texans first week of camp. I’ll report in and give you an update between the second and third preseason games.

Drafted Casey in 2 of my dynasty leagues and traded for him in the other. I love this kid - he can literally line up everywhere, including taking the snap in the wildcat. He's got a crazy combination of size, athletic ability and skills - being a former QB transitioning into a TE with WR speed. He was uncoverable at Rice where he actually played 7 different positions in one game. The best thing? He's being coached by Kubiak, whom Shanahan taught to think outside the box with TEs like Shannon Sharpe. Hugh upside on this kid.