[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

who to keep?Witten or R.Grant

Rayders

I am in a 10 team league and must keep 3 from last year. I am keeping Steve Smith and S. Slaton. Who would you keep Ryan Grant or Jason Witten?

I have the 1st round draft pick-possibilities are: Frank Gore, Deangelo Williams, or maybe Calvin Johnson. We are a TD league, but I will still be able to pick up a QB later on.

Thanks

I would go Witten. The #1 TE, over the maybe 15th best back, at best? No contest, in my opinion. You will still have Slaton, and it sounds like you will have some options in the draft to get that RB2 with your first pick. I would then grab your WR2 with your 2nd pick...

Grant, no brainer. He is the undisputed #1 back on an improving offense. This allows u to take Cal John if he is there with ur 1st pick. Or you take another RB and load up, as you didnt give lineup req can u start 3 rbs?

You two just layed out my struggle for me. We play two RB's and two Wr's. It seems in the past, I'm always losing an RB in the beginning. I like the idea of having 3 RB's on my team, that aren't on RBBC's. But, Witten is almost like a third receiver, we do not play flex, we must play a TE.

The conflict here is the TD only format (which should favor Grant) and the TE requirement (which obviously favors Witten) but for me the scoring format is the determining factor ... I think I'd keep Grant, if only because Witten's likely TD production (6?) won't be all that much better than the TDs posted by some lower tier TE that you might grab. If I have misunderstood the scoring format however, that could change things quite a bit ... likewise, if you have reason to think that Witten will be a red zone target this year to the tune of say, 9-10 TDs, then I can fully understand keeping him to lock up a star at your TE required position.

FWIW, I have seen projections that have TEs such as the following all in the 4-6 TD range:

Smith, Davis, Daniels, Miller, Finley, Olsen, Shiancoe, Winslow, Carlson, Boss ... with Witten generally falling into the 6-7 range.

Edited by ts

I'd go Ryan Grant. I personally think the TE position is fairly deep this year and Ryan Grant is going to play much better than last year. Grant is healthy and is the clear #1 back for GB.

Out of your TE list, I like Olsen, Daniels, and Shiancoe.

Edited by fantasyfreak

I'd go Ryan Grant. I personally think the TE position is fairly deep this year and Ryan Grant is going to play much better than last year. Grant is healthy and is the clear #1 back for GB.

Out of your TE list, I like Olsen, Daniels, and Shiancoe.

Thanks, I still keep going back and forth.