[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Jacobs

ccc1

This guy is a beast, he has the best O-line in the NFL and he is only ranked 13th? 3rd Tier?

13 games last year, 15 td's - Does anyone think this guy has good 1st rd value, or am I missing something?

Whats the skinny?

He's not good first round value for a few reasons

1) No involvement in passing game...the elite RBs in FF (even in non PPR) tend to draw points from both rushing and receiving

2) If you have no involvement in the passing game, to be first round RB talent you have to command almost ALL of the carries of your team (like a Peterson or Turner)....Jacobs did not last year (in fact Ward/Bradshaw combined for MORE carries than Jacobs) and there is no reason to suggest that the same won't happen this year with Bradshaw/Ware

3) Even with other RBs to share the load he's a quantifiable health risk due to his running style and size...missed 3 games last year and 5 the year before, unlikely that he's going to pull off a 16 this year

He's a very good player and is probably being slightly under rated this year based on what I've seen of his ADP, but that doesn't mean you should pull the trigger on him in round 1 (most especially because you don't have two)

Best of Luck,

WashD

He's not good first round value for a few reasons

1) No involvement in passing game...the elite RBs in FF (even in non PPR) tend to draw points from both rushing and receiving

2) If you have no involvement in the passing game, to be first round RB talent you have to command almost ALL of the carries of your team (like a Peterson or Turner)....Jacobs did not last year (in fact Ward/Bradshaw combined for MORE carries than Jacobs) and there is no reason to suggest that the same won't happen this year with Bradshaw/Ware

3) Even with other RBs to share the load he's a quantifiable health risk due to his running style and size...missed 3 games last year and 5 the year before, unlikely that he's going to pull off a 16 this year

He's a very good player and is probably being slightly under rated this year based on what I've seen of his ADP, but that doesn't mean you should pull the trigger on him in round 1 (most especially because you don't have two)

Best of Luck,

WashD

But what about in a TD only league ? now is he a 1st round pick ?

I'd still say no. I look for the Giants offense to take a huge step back with Burress, Toomer, and Ward out of town or going to jail. I do like Jacobs and had him on 2 of my teams last season but I took him in like the 4th round and that is probably where I would go with him again.

Like has been said he is not a recieving threat, he does get injured because of his beastly running style.

But you want a rb that is going to get a lot of tds and is closer to a first round pick is Marion Barber. If Felix Jones and Choice can eat up yards and let Barber come in on 3rd down and goal-line and then close in the 3rd and 4th quarter he can get back to his 2007 pro-bowl like self. He did miss a little time with injuries last season but overall he has proven to be durable. But he didn't get the name Marion the Barbarian running soft..he is a goal-line thumper back.