[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what to do with short pay owners at draft

bigtime247

I am commish and most owners pay in full at draft. They are quite mad that some owers skate through the year and pay before the season ends. They want to penalize a team not paid in full at draft? Make them last pick or similar. What do you do for non payment from owners> I need a fair rule that won't ruin the draft party.

I know your pain I have had this problem for years. So these are the rules I have put in place to try and make them pay and if they don't they "pay" for it.

No waivers can be made by a team until they have paid the entire league entry fee.

No trades can be made until entry fee is paid in full.

If you don’t pay your entry fee before your team clinches a playoff berth then all the money you win will be held until the following season and no waivers will still be able to be made for the playoffs.

In the past I have made it a policy to not allow teams who haven't played participate. So if you have a 12 team league and only 8 have paid. You now have a 8 team league. Its not far for the people who have paid. I had to wait 4 months to collect my money for winning a league one year because 3 or 4 of the 12 did not pay.

In the past I have made it a policy to not allow teams who haven't played participate. So if you have a 12 team league and only 8 have paid. You now have a 8 team league. Its not far for the people who have paid. I had to wait 4 months to collect my money for winning a league one year because 3 or 4 of the 12 did not pay.

I hear you and don't disagree, but what if 1 or 3 don't pay. Now you have an off-balance league and schedule. Just a hypothetical... We haven't, yet, had this issue arise in 13 years. I guess we're very lucky that way.

I hear you and don't disagree, but what if 1 or 3 don't pay. Now you have an off-balance league and schedule. Just a hypothetical... We haven't, yet, had this issue arise in 13 years. I guess we're very lucky that way.

I would say get the word out that unless you PAY you can't PLAY. You could probably put three options out via email before your draft party and then announce to the league(prior to the draft) what was decided on. Out of respect for the commissioner, get them to pay in full on draft day!