[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pre-Draft Advice

segjol128

Need to choose "keepers." Newbie needs advice, please. Regular scoring in 12 team league (not ppr). Snake draft.

Draft pick position is 12 by lottery.Must start 8 players. (1 QB, 1 TE, 1K, ! Def, at least 2 WR and 1 RB. That is:(can be 3 WR and 1 RB or 2WR and 2 RB.

Players inherited to choose to keep: RB-Gore, RB-Westbrook, WR-Steve Smith (Carolina), WR- Calvin Johnson (Det), WR-Bowe

Need to keep 1 or 2 or 3 from this list.

ALL ADVICE APPRECIATED. Thanks from Newbie

What do you get if you keep less than 3? IE, what is the cost of keepers, does each essentially cost a draft pick?

I would advocate keeping Gore, Smith and Johnson, though if you think most teams are keeping 3 and there will be some top talent put back in the draft pool, and you do indeed get earlier picks by keeping less, that could change that decision.

What do you get if you keep less than 3? IE, what is the cost of keepers, does each essentially cost a draft pick?

I would advocate keeping Gore, Smith and Johnson, though if you think most teams are keeping 3 and there will be some top talent put back in the draft pool, and you do indeed get earlier picks by keeping less, that could change that decision.

Thanks, Big Country.

Let me try to answer your question. If I were to keep, say, only one player and others kept 2 or 3, then my second pick would be the first of the second round and so on. Does this change the decision? Again, many thanks.

What's the preferred way of choosing for experienced owners?

RB, RB, WR or RB, WR, RB or RB, WR, WR or what. I really don't have a clue and I realize that any advice depends upon the talent available, but this is an off-line snake draft. We can specify what position we wish to draft in each round. Thanks.

Thanks, Big Country.

Let me try to answer your question. If I were to keep, say, only one player and others kept 2 or 3, then my second pick would be the first of the second round and so on. Does this change the decision? Again, many thanks.

It affects the decision if you feel there will be better players available to you that are left unprotected. You've got a very solid core, so I would probably stick with keeping 3 unless you would realitically expect some first round talent to be available to you.

What's the preferred way of choosing for experienced owners?

RB, RB, WR or RB, WR, RB or RB, WR, WR or what. I really don't have a clue and I realize that any advice depends upon the talent available, but this is an off-line snake draft. We can specify what position we wish to draft in each round. Thanks.

Never go in with a set plan like that. It is a recipe for disaster. You have to be able to flow with the draft and focus on getting BPA.