[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moreno or Rice? Please help!

bigcruzer

Moreno or Rice?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a better overall season?

• Knowshon Moreno
    • Ray Rice

I currently have Knowshon Moreno. Ray Rice is avaiable in my league as a FA. My league has 3 RB with 2 starting every week. I already have Slaton and Portis.

6 pts for TD's and 1 PPR. The normal points for yards, etc. Not a keeper league.

Moreno is banged up but should be ready. The have a muddy RB situation in Denver and Moreno will probably come out on top. The Off Cord. likes to mix up the RB's as well.

Rice appears to be the guy and will catch alot of passes. Will lose some touches and goal line TD's.

I like everything I am seeing and reading about Rice and I am thinking about dropping Moreno for him. Please give me some advice on this one as soon as you can. Thanks for your time.

I currently have Knowshon Moreno. Ray Rice is avaiable in my league as a FA. My league has 3 RB with 2 starting every week. I already have Slaton and Portis.

6 pts for TD's and 1 PPR. The normal points for yards, etc. Not a keeper league.

Moreno is banged up but should be ready. The have a muddy RB situation in Denver and Moreno will probably come out on top. The Off Cord. likes to mix up the RB's as well.

Rice appears to be the guy and will catch alot of passes. Will lose some touches and goal line TD's.

I like everything I am seeing and reading about Rice and I am thinking about dropping Moreno for him. Please give me some advice on this one as soon as you can. Thanks for your time.

anybody?

anybody?

I drafted Moreno as my 2nd/3rd/4th RB. Ill explain. I am in a keeper league with an auction draft and salary cap. Players have salaries. In a re-drafter league, I would probably be more inclined to go with Rice who is more of a sure thing. He also wasnt available to me (was someone else's keeper). Moreno has much more upside for the future IMO, which is why I grabbed him at a good price ($20) which is a salary that I can keep him at for years if he pans out.

My strategy this year was to get top WRs (who are cheaper to buy than top RBs). I had Slaton as a cheap keeper (I had him for $5 last season) and to rebuild my team (which hasnt won a championship in a few years since Larry Johnson was running wild :wacko: ) needed an infusion of new blood. I also drafted Michael Bush and Bernard Scott. So 3 rookie RBs and one that at best is a goal line

I drafted Beenie Wells too and am hoping one of Wells or Moreno (or both) emerge this year in a big way.

But I think Rice is a more "sure thing" (as much of a sure thing in a revolving door backfield in any event) as I cannot believe Leron McClain and McGahee will beat him out - but they both will factor into the equation. Moreno is likely to be involved in a committee as well, so Rice right now still looks more of a sure thing especially since Moreno is likely to start slowly given his injury issues.

I believe I am just confirming what you already believe.

I drafted Moreno as my 2nd/3rd/4th RB. Ill explain. I am in a keeper league with an auction draft and salary cap. Players have salaries. In a re-drafter league, I would probably be more inclined to go with Rice who is more of a sure thing. He also wasnt available to me (was someone else's keeper). Moreno has much more upside for the future IMO, which is why I grabbed him at a good price ($20) which is a salary that I can keep him at for years if he pans out.

My strategy this year was to get top WRs (who are cheaper to buy than top RBs). I had Slaton as a cheap keeper (I had him for $5 last season) and to rebuild my team (which hasnt won a championship in a few years since Larry Johnson was running wild :wacko: ) needed an infusion of new blood. I also drafted Michael Bush and Bernard Scott. So 3 rookie RBs and one that at best is a goal line

I drafted Beenie Wells too and am hoping one of Wells or Moreno (or both) emerge this year in a big way.

But I think Rice is a more "sure thing" (as much of a sure thing in a revolving door backfield in any event) as I cannot believe Leron McClain and McGahee will beat him out - but they both will factor into the equation. Moreno is likely to be involved in a committee as well, so Rice right now still looks more of a sure thing especially since Moreno is likely to start slowly given his injury issues.

I believe I am just confirming what you already believe.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Rice is a FA? Wow... I'd take him in a heartbeat. Esp. in PPR. I can't believe he's a FA! How many teams do you have?

10 teams with 3 RB's each. It was a live draft with 9 of my friends. When it got deep into the RB's I think everyone had about 8-10 beers in them and passed him up. I am the commish and when I was inputting the players I noticed nobody drafted him. I was pretty happy getting Moreno late but I think Rice will have a better fantasy years stats wise. What do you think?

I drafted Ray Rice in the 4th round, 41st overall. I have very high hopes for him in my PPR league. He's having a phenomenal camp and doing the majority of work with the 1st team, not looking like RBBC. I know people say goal line stolen TDs in Baltimore with McGahee or McClain, but McClain is back to FB and McGahee is a never-was-be.

Hope this helps!

I drafted Ray Rice in the 4th round, 41st overall. I have very high hopes for him in my PPR league. He's having a phenomenal camp and doing the majority of work with the 1st team, not looking like RBBC. I know people say goal line stolen TDs in Baltimore with McGahee or McClain, but McClain is back to FB and McGahee is a never-was-be.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for everyones input. I made the move and picked up Rice. I am feeling pretty good about it. By the vote count, it looks like everyone else likes this as well. Thanks alot for your help. Good luck this season.

Pickup Rice as fast as you can!!!!! That said dont you have any other players you could drop to pick him up, I wouldnt drop Moreno unless I had no other choice. Moreno is a talent, but Denver is going to be a mess and prob behind in a lot of games plus Moreno going to lose touches to Hillis, and Buckhalter both.