[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster cuts

ROYALWITCHEESE

We have cut downs tomorrow. Just looking for some opinions on who to get rid of. Dynasty league, 0.5 PPR. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. Right now I have it narrowed to knocking off 2 of these 4: Deon Butler, Mike Thomas, Brandon Jackson, Kevin Curtis. I traded a 2009 2nd for Thomas before training camp. It looks like they are still going to anoint him the slot position even though he was injured most of preseason. Butler I also like, especially in that offense. But at 5'9 195 (Thomas) and 5'10 168 (Butler) what is the long-term upside for these guys. I would like to retain one of them. Jackson is a good handcuff, but I think I'm deep enough at RB that I don't need that particular handcuff any longer. Curtis has been banged up, but would be a more than solid WR5-6 when healthy. But will he be? Here is the roster, who should I wack?

Brady, Tom NEP QB (P) - 8

Orton, Kyle DEN QB (Q) - 7

Stafford, Matthew DET QB - 7

Davis, James CLE RB - 9

Goodson, Mike CAR RB - 4

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB (Q) - 5

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB (P) - 8

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - 9

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (Q) - 4

Taylor, Chester MIN RB - 9

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 4

Bradley, Mark KCC WR - 8

Butler, Deon SEA WR - 7

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR (P) - 4

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR - 6

Jones, Matt FA* WR - -

Moss, Randy NEP WR - 8

Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR - 8

Rice, Sidney MIN WR - 9

Thomas, Mike JAC WR (Q) - 7

Williams, Roy DAL WR (P) - 6

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 8

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE - 5

Akers, David PHI PK - 4

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def - 5

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7

We have cut downs tomorrow. Just looking for some opinions on who to get rid of. Dynasty league, 0.5 PPR. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. Right now I have it narrowed to knocking off 2 of these 4: Deon Butler, Mike Thomas, Brandon Jackson, Kevin Curtis. I traded a 2009 2nd for Thomas before training camp. It looks like they are still going to anoint him the slot position even though he was injured most of preseason. Butler I also like, especially in that offense. But at 5'9 195 (Thomas) and 5'10 168 (Butler) what is the long-term upside for these guys. I would like to retain one of them. Jackson is a good handcuff, but I think I'm deep enough at RB that I don't need that particular handcuff any longer. Curtis has been banged up, but would be a more than solid WR5-6 when healthy. But will he be? Here is the roster, who should I wack?

Brady, Tom NEP QB (P) - 8

Orton, Kyle DEN QB (Q) - 7

Stafford, Matthew DET QB - 7

Davis, James CLE RB - 9

Goodson, Mike CAR RB - 4

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB (Q) - 5

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB (P) - 8

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - 9

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (Q) - 4

Taylor, Chester MIN RB - 9

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 4

Bradley, Mark KCC WR - 8

Butler, Deon SEA WR - 7

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR (P) - 4

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR - 6

Jones, Matt FA* WR - -

Moss, Randy NEP WR - 8

Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR - 8

Rice, Sidney MIN WR - 9

Thomas, Mike JAC WR (Q) - 7

Williams, Roy DAL WR (P) - 6

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 8

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE - 5

Akers, David PHI PK - 4

Saints, New Orleans NOS Def - 5

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7

Why not cut the Saints DST??? Not sure why you would carry such a bad #2 DST. I would also cut M.Thomas.

Why not cut the Saints DST??? Not sure why you would carry such a bad #2 DST. I would also cut M.Thomas.

They are on the up-swing. With easy schedule and the Lions week one. I want to start off with a bang.

It is an option, but with only about 3 DSTs on the waiver wire in this league I should probably hang on to them...

It is an option, but with only about 3 DSTs on the waiver wire in this league I should probably hang on to them...

With that information...I would keep the Saints DST and of course start them this week. I think the cut decision really comes down to five players:

Thomas

Butler

Curtis

M.Jones

M.Bradley

I would cut Thomas and keep Butler. Next, I would strongly consider cutting M.Bradley as I think the WR corp is a mess in KC. You've got Bowe the clear #1 and then a bunch of guys that I think will rotate in an out of the #2, 3, and 4 spot (in no particular order Darling, Toomer, Engram, and Bradley - unless someone got cut that I missed). Keep in mind, I am not a huge Cassel fan. I would rather have Curtis and the upside potential of M.Jones (though there is something to be said about actually being a paid NFL player in the league).

So - I would recommend cutting Thomas and Bradley. There you go.

Edited by SpinalTapp

With that information...I would keep the Saints DST and of course start them this week. I think the cut decision really comes down to five players:

Thomas

Butler

Curtis

M.Jones

M.Bradley

I would cut Thomas and keep Butler. Next, I would strongly consider cutting M.Bradley as I think the WR corp is a mess in KC. You've got Bowe the clear #1 and then a bunch of guys that I think will rotate in an out of the #2, 3, and 4 spot (in no particular order Darling, Toomer, Engram, and Bradley - unless someone got cut that I missed). Keep in mind, I am not a huge Cassel fan. I would rather have Curtis and the upside potential of M.Jones (though there is something to be said about actually being a paid NFL player in the league).

So - I would recommend cutting Thomas and Bradley. There you go.

I like your thinking, but: 1) Darling is out for the season, and 2) Toomer has been cut. Bradley is the starter on the outside in the pass-happy attack...

I like your thinking, but: 1) Darling is out for the season, and 2) Toomer has been cut. Bradley is the starter on the outside in the pass-happy attack...

Alrighty then...there just is no way around it..I have tried to help you justify not cutting both Thomas and Butler but I am out of options. I think they both have to go as I would keep Curtis. But what do I know......perhaps you should do the opposite of what I think :wacko:)

Alrighty then...there just is no way around it..I have tried to help you justify not cutting both Thomas and Butler but I am out of options. I think they both have to go as I would keep Curtis. But what do I know......perhaps you should do the opposite of what I think :wacko:)

lol thanks for the input. it just didn't fit with my ideas. i think i am deep enough at RB to justify cutting jackson. i don't see him as a starter, even if grant goes down. i want to take a chance on a WR and i feel i have the luxury. im cutting thomas and rolling with butler...