[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS: LT vs. McGahee

SatchDork

First of all, my team's a mess, I know. :wacko:

The quandry this week is whether to risk going with Tomlinson or start McGahee and hope he gets some goalline love again. The other starting RB is Brandon Jacobs. Tim Hightower is my 4th RB.

The other option is to start Jacobs with a 4 WR/TE line-up. I've got Welker, Colston, Chambers, Henderson, Henry, and Jon Carlson.

Right now I'm leaning towards Jacobs, McGahee, Welker, Colston, and Carlson. I know, I know, I know :D

Opinions?

I think you're on track.. Hightower looked good in his first game but not sure how he will do vs Jags. Who played Jags Week 1, how did the RB fare?

Indy. Addai and Brown combined for 18 carries for 75 yards and 1 short score (Addai). Plus 7 catches for 51 yards (combined). That sounds tempting, but Hightower was only, IIRC, 8 for 15 on the ground and I can't really expect 12 catches for 120 yards again. And while he is technically the starter, I gotta' think Wells will get the goalline looks (if, y'know, the Cardinals get that close) that Fitzgerald doesn't.

I think it's close between McGahee and Hightower. I don't think you WR's are good enough to think about starting 3 of them. I would probably lean towards Hightower because he should be on the field more than McGahee.

It'd be 4 WRs. Maybe I wasn't clear. Our options are 2 RBs/3 WRs or 1 RB/4 WRs. TEs count as WRs, so I'm starting Carlson AS a wideout, not because I HAVE to start him at TE.

I might take a chance on playing Hightower this week. I think Hightower will get more looks and he will help in the passing game, so if it's a PPR league I would go with him for sure.

Thanks for the opinion. You may be right on this being the week to take a chance on him (before Beanie is 100% healthy). We are PP2R, so Hightower's performance last week was a 10-pointer (just shy of 11) in a league that starts 8 positions averages probably 50 or 60. My point being that 10 points is pretty big. I just always temper my expectations after such exceptional performances. It may hinge on the injury report on Boldin and Breaston. If they are fully back in the mix, I can't imagine Warner dumping it off to Hightower more than half as much as Week 1.