[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friend just found out he has cancer

NAUgrad

I consider this individual a friend of mine, but he is the current CEO of a website development company and chairman of the board for the company I currently work for. He is an amazing individual and only about 28 years old. No kids, but married.

Here's why I think so highly of this guy. About a year ago, I've been working for his company for about 8 months or so when he calls me and two other individuals into his office to tell us business stinks and that they have to let some people go. Obviously we are the individuals he is going to let go. He says we can stay in here and talk about it as long as you like but due to business issues we were left without any other option. He had two other managers in the meeting with him. After about an hour of f bombs and plenty of cussing he gave us our options. He gave us 2 options, "we will either give you 2 weeks severence, or this other company has already agreed to hire you at roughly your current pay doing similar work". So basically before he let us go, he found all three of us jobs.

I've never heard of anyone doing that for an employee they are about to lay off. After getting over my disappointment, the company I work for now actually has much more to offer me with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Anyway, he has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer but his prognosis is really good. I was truly sad to hear about his illness and just thought I'd share a good story.

Good luck to him.

FWIW...My Mom had thyroid cancer in her 30's, my cuz in her teens, and a close friend of mine at ~50. My mom will be 90 next year, my cuz is 59, and my bud is now 60. If they got it early, he should pull thru it well.