[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forte a one season wonder?

jivy26

I know Forte was a beast last season, but he hasn't done much of anything this season. Chicago is all focused on the pass with Cutler and he just doesn't look like the focal point of the offense anymore. Should I try and use him for a trade since he still has the name prestige or wait it out with the rest?

Forte was awesome last year, and he helped me win a championship. This year when I was drafting, I thought he was my guy. Then I started looking at his YPC average, and learned that it was 3.9, so I became very disturbed. The fact of the matter is that Forte achieved so much because they kept feeding giving him ample carries and Kyle Orton was throwing his check-down passes. This year it's an entirely new team with Cutler as QB. He has the arm to reach the receivers so he doesn't need to dip and dink like Orton did. You take away Forte as a passing option, and then consider how low his YPC was last year, then you no longer have a stud.

Still, it's hard to be down on someone who was so good to me last year, but I decided not to draft him in any of my leagues. I don't know what you could get, but I would try to get something now while people still believe. Yes, you can wait and hope it turns around, or you can take a life preserver before the ship sinks.

I have him as well and will wait and see for 2 more weeks. He frankly should do something substantial against Seattle given how Gore treated them this past week.

I don't think it's unusual for there to be growing pains with the change in QB. With the small loss to the Pack and nice game against Pit I think the Bears might be pretty solid this year but this week is an important test.

I didn't bench him against the Steel curtain like I should have but I will bench him vs Seattle at Seattle! The Seahwaks are probally a top 3 defense at home.

LOL...After Gore just torched that D, I am playing Forte this week !! If he falters, I will def package him up for someone else!

I know Forte was a beast last season, but he hasn't done much of anything this season. Chicago is all focused on the pass with Cutler and he just doesn't look like the focal point of the offense anymore. Should I try and use him for a trade since he still has the name prestige or wait it out with the rest?

Even more scary, Forte said the field is so bad in CHI (8 games!!) that he can't run on it. YIKES!! :wacko:

Forte had a tough first two weeks but i wouldn't sell on him yet.

I traded Barber for him prior to wk 2 in one of my leagues, i like Barber a lot but think Forte will bounce back.

How can you guys say he isn't still a focal point of the offense?

25 touches in week one

18 touches in week two.

This week will be the big deciding factor, he has to produce (and i think he will) against Seattle. I wouldn't hit the panic button yet, Chicago won't give up on Forte

Forte had a tough first two weeks but i wouldn't sell on him yet.

I traded Barber for him prior to wk 2 in one of my leagues, i like Barber a lot but think Forte will bounce back.

How can you guys say he isn't still a focal point of the offense?

25 touches in week one

18 touches in week two.

This week will be the big deciding factor, he has to produce (and i think he will) against Seattle. I wouldn't hit the panic button yet, Chicago won't give up on Forte

He is IT in Chicago. It will get cold and blustery there at some point. I know, I live just north of there. The NFC North will always be runner heavy come December (ie playoff time). I think the Bears need to wake up and get him more involved with screen passes, and that will loosen up for the runs.