[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sit MJD for Benson?

heehawks

Tough one this week.

I've got MJD (vs Tenn), C.Johnson (vs Jax), and Benson (vs. Cleveland).

Logic says to bench MJD against a pretty darn good Tenn run D and start Benson against a patsy Brown run D.

Logic also says to keep C.Johnson in line-up against suspect Jax run D.

Do I really bench MJD for Benson based on this great match-up? My gut says to do it. Anyone have any opinions?

1pt/15yds rush

1pt/20yds rec

0.5pt/rec

6pt/td

Edited by heehawks

What the debate... the two guys opting for MJD don't even have reasons.

Too true...to muddy the waters even further, I'm hearing things about Benson's health. Anyone know his status??

Edited by heehawks

Tennessee had only 3 losses last year I think, and theyve already matched that----they are going to be fighting to win this like its a playoff game.

That said, Im still starting mjd in both of my leagues, and one of them is an 8 team league(it is 1/2 pt per rec though).

I did bench chris johnson week 1 vs pitt, and he was my 1st keeper in my 8 man league, so I dont always start my studs "no matter what" like some do, and I like what mjd did last week--even if it was houston . He catches a lot of passes too and I think he will be more consistent with that as the year goes by.

But for this one week it is a tough matchup. If you want to start C benson you can, as it is a good matcup, but Ilike mjd's upside- he can score on anyone, unlike benson

Benson looks good now, but hardly consistent if you look at his career. Its only been a few weeks and I dont trust him vs anyone if i have mjd. Not yet at least.

MJD IS A GOAL LINE BEAST.

I still go with MJD even though Tenn has a tough run defense. In fact you may see MJD catch more passes this game due to the weak Tenn pass defense.

Precisely he will get it done however it needs to be done! He is one of if not the most prolific pass catcher out of the backfield they will find a way to get him around the solid run D of Tenn. Only my opionion but I don't sit MJD for too many people in this league regardless matchup. And yes Benson is banged a little as well.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

I'm still in a total mind pickle...Benson looks so attractive in the lineup this week. He had a full day practice on Friday.

I'm now thinking I should keep MJD in the lineup (since they are at home), and take out CJ...I dunno I just wish I could play all three!

I'm still in a total mind pickle...Benson looks so attractive in the lineup this week. He had a full day practice on Friday.

I'm now thinking I should keep MJD in the lineup (since they are at home), and take out CJ...I dunno I just wish I could play all three!

No doubt bad dilemma wish i had that dilemma though it could be worse u could have my RBs :wacko: I do think u should get benson in ur lineup maybe flip a coin and sit whoever it lands on seriously. I can't say who to bench outta those 2!

I've given both advice for and against benching MJD this week, and the main determinant is who you have behind him. Yes, if you don't have an extremely viable option, such as someone splitting carries (I heard benching him for R. Brown, NO!!), then don't do it.

Going into the season, I would NOT have said Benson is a good option, but given how well he's done, you can't really doubt he'll continue that success against the Browns.

I've had MJD the last two years, and although he is capable of succeeding against pretty much any defense, he can be shut down by a strong defense that keys in on him. This isn't to say he can't succeed, but he's actually more of a gamble than Benson this week.

If it's PPR, however, you can't really ever sit MJD, because he'll get his points simply through carries/catches each week (and was actually ranked #1 in PPR on many pre-draft charts, over AP); But if your league is mostly yardage and/or TD-based, then there's a decent possibility he could end up with 40-60 yards and 0 TD's for ya.

But again, the only acceptable reason for benching MJD is if he has a difficult matchup, and you have another buy getting the bulk of the carries with an easy matchup. Since you've met that criteria, it seems like a safe play. On the other hand, I do not have that same luxury, and will be starting MJD.

I've given both advice for and against benching MJD this week, and the main determinant is who you have behind him. Yes, if you don't have an extremely viable option, such as someone splitting carries (I heard benching him for R. Brown, NO!!), then don't do it.

Going into the season, I would NOT have said Benson is a good option, but given how well he's done, you can't really doubt he'll continue that success against the Browns.

I've had MJD the last two years, and although he is capable of succeeding against pretty much any defense, he can be shut down by a strong defense that keys in on him. This isn't to say he can't succeed, but he's actually more of a gamble than Benson this week.

If it's PPR, however, you can't really ever sit MJD, because he'll get his points simply through carries/catches each week (and was actually ranked #1 in PPR on many pre-draft charts, over AP); But if your league is mostly yardage and/or TD-based, then there's a decent possibility he could end up with 40-60 yards and 0 TD's for ya.

But again, the only acceptable reason for benching MJD is if he has a difficult matchup, and you have another buy getting the bulk of the carries with an easy matchup. Since you've met that criteria, it seems like a safe play. On the other hand, I do not have that same luxury, and will be starting MJD.

Well put! I'm 85% sure that I will have Benson in my lineup, now the tricky question is MJD or CJ? I'm trying to weigh the factors...MJD at home vs good run Def....CJ on the road vs suspect run Def...both catch passes...both will touch the ball a ton...deciding factors anyone???

Well put! I'm 85% sure that I will have Benson in my lineup, now the tricky question is MJD or CJ? I'm trying to weigh the factors...MJD at home vs good run Def....CJ on the road vs suspect run Def...both catch passes...both will touch the ball a ton...deciding factors anyone???

I understand the whole mach-up game, but I am starting MJD this week without hesitation.

I know Tennessee statistically has a good run defense, but you gotta look at the whole picture there. With how downright putrid the Titans pass D has been playing, no one had to put any effort in to running the ball. Maybe a few token carries to keep the D from totally keying on the pass. I think opposing teams are AVERAGING over 300 yards passing vs. the Titans! I personally think the Titans "great" run D is just by product of how terrible their pass D is.

Edited by kdog55